Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 22

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

As Chris stated, The VMS4 primarily is a 4 deck controller, therefore it makes sense for VDJ to support it in this mode - Left side decks 1 & 3, rght side decks 2 & 4.

It will be down to us - the community - to go beyond this.

I too see a need to assign any deck to any side, but that's considered (and I agree) advanced mapping.

But guaranteed - there will be an "any deck" solution at some point...

Roy

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 8:15 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Here is what I will do ... I will finish the PitchBend button method I currently have in development.

I will also post an alternative mapping only that uses the crossfader knobs on the front so that you can select any deck for either side - so if you want 1 & 3, 3 & 2, 1 & 4, etc - you can use the front crossfader knobs for that.

But, the '4-Deck' VMS4 mapping will use the PitchBend buttons.

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 12:51 pm
smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Sounds good Chris. You da man!

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 1:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Chris, is it possible to add to the definition file the SHIFT button as standalone? It could be very usefull for conditional skins (like pressing SHIFT to highlight several buttons to show what user can do with the SHIFT.)

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:50 pm
No. Shift is a hardware toggle. It doesn't send a midi code

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:52 pm
Thanks Chris,

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 3:05 am
Speaking as someone who uses Denon equipment, I like being able to nudge the pitch using the -/+ buttons - so I think it would be better to switch deck layers using the pause buttons.

Pause is not something I use when playing live, and if you consider that many devices use a combined play/pause, then the dedicated pause button on the VMS4 is redundant.

Just a thought....

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 7:54 am
Remember pause also rotates through your queue points, which I use quite frequently. Plus with it being in that "awkward" non standard position, I still press it rather than play half the time... which is a real pain when mixing live...

And you could also argue that the pitch bend buttons are redundent as you can use the jog wheels to nudge the track...

There's never gonna be a right or wrong way to map this. In fact it's slightly short sighted of AA not to put a deck swap button on the unit considering they a) probably knew about VDJ7 and b) it can be mapped to traktor which already had 4 deck capabilities.

The new Denon and the new Hercules both have a deck swap button. Maybe a future revision of the VMS4 will take that in to consideration.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 8:11 am
The combination will be Shift + Pitchbend (-) or (+) ... not the Pitchbends by themselves ... It will be a 2 button combination - a 2 button combination .... please read before just posting ... are you getting this ... yes yes yes ... saying again - a 2 button combination - Shift + Pitchbend (-) or (+) ....

wow .... :(

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 12:21 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ok what can we use to toggle between Player Mode, Loop Mode, And Effect Mode on the 4 separate decks. I would like to select a deck that is active or not active depending on what I want to do. So I would assume 4 different buttons. Probably the shift button and search button combination. If shift button can't be used then maybe each search button for each deck when pressed will just continue to toggle.

Also is there a way to change the shift of a loop on the VMS4. Not extend or decrease the loop but just to move it. Any suggestions?

Mensajes Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 8:59 pm
smaneri wrote :
Hi Guys

Heres how you setup the VMS4 for 4 decks/four vms4 channnels (this is only for using all digitial files from your computer, no other inputs)

To start off have VDJ and the VMS4 off

1) On the VMS4 switch both CF Assigns to A and B to off. This will shut the crossfader ability off. This is want you want so you can control the volume of the 4 decks individually with the 4 Volume sliders

2) On the front of the VMS4 right above the CF Assigns A/B you have 4 usb/analog switches. Switch all of these to USB

3) Switch the VMS4 to 8-out instead of 4-out. This is located on the front as well in-between the CG Assign switches.

4) Turn on the VMS4

5) Open Up VDJ

6) Select a 4-deck Skin

7) Go to the Sound Set up, select Outputs - Advanced Config,

Heres what it should look like. If it doesnt you can add new lines with the plus sign

Deck 1 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 1 & 2
Deck 2 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 3 & 4
Deck 3 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 5 & 6
Deck 4 VMS4 Audio Midi Device Output 7 & 8

Now you can load all 4 decks and remember dont use the crossfader, you just need to use the volume from each line.

Happy Mixing

DJ Dusty

no crossfader use on my vms4??? no scratching? come on!

Mensajes Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 5:36 am
Can anyone help me?

Mensajes Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 4:19 pm
I would like that very much, but i am afraid i did not understand what exactly do you want to do.

Once you make deck 1 or deck 3 leftdeck and selected, all the other controls on this side are assigned for these decks. So..?

Mensajes Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 6:31 pm
I mean selecting Player Mode, Loop Mode, And Effect Mode on the 4 separate decks with the VMS4. what are you not understanding?

Mensajes Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 7:47 pm
Ok..then i will guess...lol

Are you using the VirtualDJ7 Pro 4 Decks Skin? And the modes you are saying, are the pannels of the skin?

If the answer to those questions is yes, then you will probably need this action...to assign to any of your VMS4 butons. It toggles between those panels according to which deck is selected. ..so 1 button for all...and all for one ...lol

deck 1 select ? skin_panel 'deck1a' on ? skin_panel 'deck1b' on : skin_panel 'deck1b' on ? skin_panel 'deck1c' on : skin_panel 'deck1a' on : deck 2 select ? skin_panel 'deck2a' on ? skin_panel 'deck2b' on : skin_panel 'deck2b' on ? skin_panel 'deck2c' on : skin_panel 'deck2a' on : deck 3 select ? skin_panel 'deck3a' on ? skin_panel 'deck3b' on : skin_panel 'deck3b' on ? skin_panel 'deck3c' on : skin_panel 'deck3a' on : deck 4 select ? skin_panel 'deck4a' on ? skin_panel 'deck4b' on : skin_panel 'deck4b' on ? skin_panel 'deck4c' on : skin_panel 'deck4a' on

Mensajes Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 9:05 pm
Djdad,
One button for each deck on 4 deck skin using the search buttons.

I don't use the search buttons. I use the wheel to scan through songs.

Mensajes Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 6:21 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Just compiled this for a MAC user so I thought I would post it ;)

Ok the first thing your going to want to do is setup the soundcard before launching VirtualDJ.

So go to Spotlight and type AUDIO MIDI Setup you will see an piano icon, click that.

Now, the VMS4 will be in the list of audio devices. Make sure that the default sound is not set to play on the VMS4. To ensure this is the case simply click on the built in output then ctrl-click it (to pull up the sub menu) and select use this device for sound output.

Now click on VMS4 Audio Midi Device then click Configure Speakers (located at the bottom right of the audio midi window).

You will see Stereo and Multi Channel make sure its on Multi channel. Now on the right hand side you will see a drop down window. Choose Octogonal then apply then done.

Your soundcard is now configured!

Ok so now in VirtualDJ go to Config, Sound Setup. Click on the 2nd box and then click on Advanced Config. You will see a gray window appear. Click the plus symbol located on the left. You will now see some drop down boxes. It should be configured as shown below.

DECK 1 VMS4 AUDIO MIDI DEVICE OUTPUT 1 & 2
DECK 2 VMS4 AUDIO MIDI DEVICE OUTPUT 3 & 4
DECK 3 VMS4 AUDIO MIDI DEVICE OUTPUT 5 & 6
DECK 4 VMS4 AUDIO MIDI DEVICE OUTPUT 7 & 8

Then click apply then done. Then apply and ok.

That should do it.

PS. Make sure your VMS4 is set to 8 out and that all channels are set to USB.

Mensajes Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 10:27 am
OK . If there's a technical problem to be found, I always seem to find it. But this is an obvious one.

First, VDJ7 didn't run with my setup. For a reason only known to God, I can't select 2 soundcards and a mic input for broadcasting. Brill. But my little setup works fine for gigs.

After much ado I decided to get the VMS4 to solve my mic broadcasting issues as well as provide me with considerably less kit to have to cart around to gigs.

At the moment, I may as well have burned £400.

All Im doing is running a small active PA system and the output is shocking by comparison to my "bodge-it-and-scarper" setup that works wonderfully well.

Recorded voiceovers and jingles that sounded great before now have a very annoying crackle in the high end frequencies, and there is an intermittent but very audible crackle every so often across the whole sound during music.

Either I have missed the "Kit Setup for Dummies" manual (allegedly again) or this is going back first thing Monday.

Anyone else have sound quality issues (I've seen the various mic comments but don't have a problem there)?

I'm getting seriously fed up with this "wonderful plug and play equipment" that just isn't plug and play. If it was plug and play, I'd be happy and listening to good quality sound right now. But as usual I've spent most of the day disappointed. Again.

Call it low-end if you like at £400. But £400 should not provide considerably worse sound quality than a £20 Behringer USB soundcard and a Numark M1 mixer.

My anger overfloweth.

Mensajes Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 3:34 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
Djdad,
One button for each deck on 4 deck skin using the search buttons.

I don't use the search buttons. I use the wheel to scan through songs.

Ok..there you go ..

Assign to SEEK<<...

action_deck 1 ? skin_panel 'deck1a' on ? skin_panel 'deck1b' on : skin_panel 'deck1b' on ? skin_panel 'deck1c' on : skin_panel 'deck1a' on : skin_panel 'deck2a' on ? skin_panel 'deck2b' on : skin_panel 'deck2b' on ? skin_panel 'deck2c' on : skin_panel 'deck2a' on

Assign to SEEK >>...

action_deck 1 ? skin_panel 'deck3a' on ? skin_panel 'deck3b' on : skin_panel 'deck3b' on ? skin_panel 'deck3c' on : skin_panel 'deck3a' on : skin_panel 'deck4a' on ? skin_panel 'deck4b' on : skin_panel 'deck4b' on ? skin_panel 'deck4c' on : skin_panel 'deck4a' on

Mensajes Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 5:11 pm
Ok. I want EACH search button to control EACH deck. 4 decks 4 search buttons

Mensajes Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 5:44 pm
64%