Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Music Videos For Mixing - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi. Anyone know of a good place to get videos For mixing?
Thanks

Mensajes Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 8:45 pm
videos is one of the hardest to find on the web

try solsearch.com / some one told me about this site but no lock, but give it a try.

ALSO go to MTV2.com for free music down loads for the day.

My solution is a TV card which i use to record music videos on BET ,MTV and MTV 2

Mensajes Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 9:05 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
www.screenplayvj.com

100% legal in the us and uk :)

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 6:46 am
Thanks Guys. I have decided to capture off cable TV and also capture them while streaming off the web. The web captures seem to work fine for now, as I can capture the exact videos I want. I just want a few to test VDJ's video editing feature.

Steve

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 1:45 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Anyone know web TV like MTV ovet net? I mean music channels. I was searching but...

thx

Dj Nikki

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 1:50 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You need to think about video quality along the same lines as audio.
2nd generation copy with incriminating splashes just degrade the whole profession.

Unless it's for your personal pleasure, in which case ignor this point.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 2:55 pm
mp3jrick

For now I just want a few for personal use so i can try out video mixing. I do agree with you though that for other uses you need to look at quality and other factors. I for one am willing to pay for downloading high quality music videos, like they do for songs, but even those I cannot locate.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 3:10 pm
Cyder,

How does screenplay work? Do you pay a monthly subscription? What is it?

Vantine

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 4:15 pm
The licencing issues are the big hurdle, they want it as bad as we do.
PO and SP both have yearly subs that are $300 US, which is 25 per month including shipping.
Normal individual charges for the DVDs are $40 per disc plus shipping.

At the shows you can buy individuals ar $25 ea with no shipping naturally.

These companys are running low on past issues.
If you want a complete collection, now is better than later.....

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 4:33 pm
I can deal with a $25 month subscription if I am getting the videos I need. Mp3jrick, I am assuming SP is screenplay. What is PO? I checked out Screenplay's sight but it was not very clear as to whether they offered the service I am looking for. I will call their 800 number on Monday.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 6:54 pm
Promo Only www.promoonly.com

Doug Howard
Director of Sales
Screenplay VJ-Pro
http://www.screenplayvj.com
1-866-988-9866 (toll free)

They both offer equally good quality, service and pretty much the same content that the labels are releasing.
Last month sucked but they will have the same sucky shit regardless of who you use.
The beni here is the Europe can GET theses from SP where as PO service you.

PO will break their discs into genre, SP will group the genres.
Hot Video will have Top 40, dance/club, Urban and Rock.
It also includes 3 ambient loops per month including birthday, aniversary, holiday and other overlays.

PO also has a weekly sub that gets you the new stuff now, not in 3 weeks, right Rob?lol
Generally speaking the video is one month behind the audio releases which sucks for us VJs.
Bad enough waiting for an audio track the the radio is playing for 3 weeks before you get it legally.

Both are really good companies to deal with and PO has the best pricing on most hardware, i've shopped them.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 7:36 pm
Thanks a lot MP3jrick

I just checked out both sites and they could be just what I am looking for. I will contact both.

BTW do you know what proof they both may require to prove that one is a "professional" DJ?

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:12 pm
yes! Promo is more sticky than screenplay is about it.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:13 pm

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:48 pm
Rick you know how I feel about promo no sense in dragging up the past. Its water under the bridge for me, unless glen comes to me at alantic city and makes an apoligy to me personally I'll never use them again.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:55 pm
Well I got banned from the forum the last time I got between them, that will never happen again.
Then I got banned from the PCDJ forum for the black eyes I handed out over there on ProDJ.

So I need one more to match your record Jason, go ahead make my day......

Grudges are pointless.
We all simmer in the same pot, there is no escape so we stay away from controversy now.
It's a highly competitive industry, you pick a side you alienate the other, you just can't win.

Had you spent thousands with them, I will promise you that things would have been handled differently.
But if you can walk into the fire with them like I did and make mends, I'm sure you can to.
All those guys are good people, service is first priority.
Throwing a memorable dj party is second.

R

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 9:11 pm
Ok I'll spill it here's what happend

I had an important gig coming up and my "classics" disc just happend to be defective on ysmanl I called them and asked for a replacement I was required to send the disc back wait a week for another, you know as well as I do how big of a hole that disc puts in anyone's collection. All because I didn't spend thousands with them. That's customer service for you. In the years I've been with screen play doug has never questioned ever needing a replacement disc no once, and I didn't spend thousands there.

Needless to say VDJ supports everyone including demo users. I can't tell you how many mails we answer from pro to demo on a daily basis but its a lot. VDJ really cares about its users.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 9:56 pm
Well, I have no plans to spend thousands anytime time soon:) The info you both gave were very helpful. Thanks. I will post me my experience with both services later on in the week. Others may find it useful.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 10:36 pm
I have many stories also, but it isn't worth spilling.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 10:53 pm
Hows the weather in NJ?

Mensajes Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 11:34 pm
95%