Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VD7 and voice - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm glad I'm not the only person experiencing problems.

I've tried every possible combination of mic, master and cue using an external Sweex 7.1 USB soundcard. It just screws up the functionality of my Hercules Steel.

Regardless of the channels I pick, the master continues to come out of the headphones and master, the cue/mix knob adjusts the volume, and the mic is not registering.

Could do with a fix as I'm gonna be broadcasting sans mic at this rate. Not the best.

Mensajes Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 6:12 pm
In fact the more I've played wth it, the more I come to teh conclusion it's completely wrong.

Surely I should be able to go to advanced config and select:

Master 1&2
Headphone 3&4
Mic Input line 1&2

Et voila.

But no. The best I can now get is:

Master out of both headphones and master (master in 2.1 output on my 7.1 card, headphones out of headphone socket). Mic works through line in.

Something clearly arwy, me thinks.

Mensajes Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 7:44 pm
sunnekePRO (legacy)Member since 2010
yea . i still have had nothing back on the support call .. :-(

Mensajes Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 8:54 pm
Best thing to do right now is go back to ver 6 release ..

Mensajes Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 8:56 pm
I did a support call also but no answer still, cant belive why they give so less attention to boradcasting ... its a easy thing and as we see ppl using it!!??

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 3:12 pm

for BROADCASTING mic or line in :

choose ADVANCED SOUND in 2nd drop down in Soundcard settings.

Then add your outputs (deck 1 output x&x etc etc)

At end add this :
RECORD LOOPBACK .. then add your mic or line in as input

thats it ;)

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 4:07 pm
Hi dj-in-norway, thx for yiour reply. I tried all this .. managed to get one OR the other but not both. I did manage once to "i think" get both , but line volume was way down. Its just so damned bad compared to VDJ 6.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 2:39 am
Hello dj-in-norway

this wont help me because in that moment i go to Advanced ocnfigs the Asio Driver is used, and i cant fade down the VDJ anymore in the windows soundpanel, and for broadcasting i need this or i hear all mixed because the stream is about some seconds later.

In VDJ 6 just the option in the Broadcast Menu worked fine, now its a huge mysterium .. cant get why you made it that complicated.

As for i use VDJ most for BC, and is this dont working anymore VDJ isnt the software anymore i need!!

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 3:30 am
djryudoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
dj-in-norway wrote :

for BROADCASTING mic or line in :

choose ADVANCED SOUND in 2nd drop down in Soundcard settings.

Then add your outputs (deck 1 output x&x etc etc)

At end add this :
RECORD LOOPBACK .. then add your mic or line in as input

thats it ;)

I wish it was as easy as that dj-in-norway.

The sound that actually comes out is horrible and distorted. Not to mention it echos..and not well.

If it would help in any way, I could even record it and put a link up here.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 3:52 am
I guess i downgrade to VD6 and hope there will be a solution sometime.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 4:41 am
Hi there,

In the interests of getting me up and running for my scheduled broadcast today, can anyone recommend a setup to allow all the working channels and a mic for:

VDJ Pro 6
USB soundcard for cue
onboard soundcard for monitor
onboard line in via external mixer and mic/mic port for basic PC mic
Hercules Steel midi

Could do with some quick help so I can test it before going on air!

Cheers in advance

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 5:01 am
FYI senneke I'm in a support chat right now so I'll let you know how it goes. Trying to use a 7.1 external usb soundcard for everything including mic input.

Watch this space.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 6:03 am
Thx Noallegiance. Sure look forward to outcome on this one. Would also be interesting why support dont even respond to ticket i raised on friday. I mean, what is the point of doing that if i cant even get acknowledgement to the problem/support request?

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:24 am
Bro I understand your frustrated cause this is the last thing i have to overcome aswell, but come one, this forum is world wide..........Im sure there are a ton of tickets. Just be patient bro.

Huey

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:32 am
Well I'm annoyed now because support is now telling me I should have shelled out extra for the RMX and the problem wouldn't exist.

Unreal.

The point is I should be able to connect my Hercules Steel, use a usb card for cue and the onboard card for speaker output and mic input. But I can't because the functionality is screwed. And they reckon I'm the one that should spend extra money to sort it out.

The best I can get is both output channels working, but the speakers have a buzz under the music and the mic is just a major buzz. Can't make out a voice at all.

How about VDJ provides the functionality it should provide instead of telling me to spend more money to get around their shortcomings?

Not happy.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:40 am
Hello all gawwwd finaly ....

in my case i solved the Problem.

I configured in the config settings "input Microphone - normal output - and Asio Driver".

I had to put the Creative Soundblaster Console to switch in my case to Audio Maker Mode (not sure what is right in english).

After i switched that i have an option to get access to the ASIO Driver so i can now switch off the channel where VDJ is to hear,

now i just can get on the stream and listen without the faster output from VDJ.

Hope this will help some ppl here and sorry for my bad english.

greets
DJ_JoeyTC

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 1:47 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Clearly you guys are looking right past the obvious and trying to make it more complicated than it is.

What is so unclear about setting up Soundcard options as -

Input - Microphone
Output - 'What ever you normally chose'
Sound card - 'What ever you normally chose'

All you had to do from what you normally did with version 6 is select Microphone in the Input drop-down.

Then all you needed was to add a simple ON/OFF script for a keyboard shortcut to the VDJScript action -> mic

That is it. For those using a USB headset - what headset are you using ? So, I can look at the software setup for those and confirm that this would be still correct - which I am sure it is.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 4:55 pm
Well clearly some people are missing the obvious in that if I pick the microphone, the resulting changes in the outputs drop downs mean I can't pick what I normally use.

It changes to Master 1&2, Headphones 3&4, and then ASIO.

There's no functionality for 2 sound cards and a mic input. There should be.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 6:07 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So, then if your audio device isn't supported with ASIO drivers you use the Advance Config - right?

And in Advance Config - you select

Master - 'your sound card for output' - Output 1&2
Headphones - 'your sound card that your headphones are connected to' - Output 3&4
Microphone - 'your sound card that your microphone is connected to' - Input 1&2

So what are your cards you are using ?

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:03 pm
@cstoll:

did you even get what for example my problem was? Its not very gentle to tell we are trying to make things complicated, a good supporter trys at first to understand what the customer is wanting and what issues he have.

greets from an IT-Supporter

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 2:41 am
32%