Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How to get the best out of VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello everyone. I am a dj in the USA and have been in the business for about 6 years now. I have been using vdj since the beginning. I am just starting to get into video which is cool to use with vdj pro.

I am curious as to what equipment you all use in the club..
Right now im using my laptop with one audio card and im plugging directly into a mixer which then goea into a sonic maximizer and out to my 6 very powerful speakers. With one audio card i dont have the ability to preview the next song which makes things tough so my knowledge od the beat and song is very important.
I am hosting a big halloween party next week and am going o purchase a second sound card for the laptop with hopes that it will make it much easier to mix.

Could you all give me some suggestions in regards to what you guys feel is the best and easiest way to mix and cue.

Thank you

Dj Mikey

Mensajes Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 1:59 pm
Hello,
I have tried different things and what seems to be working for me is spliting the audio left/right
Left side will go to mixer then etc(eq,amps)Mono output is splitted with left/right and connected to two different channels....
Right side goes to my headphones for preview
Works fine and sounds great...

Mensajes Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 9:55 pm
spinashHome userMember since 2009
Can you help me Out Record My Own Mixes Without Any ....

Im a VDJ user... I got ma Self da Pro 6 and da latest One da Pro 7 .But any time i try to Record My Mixes ...I end Up Hearing da Rough Part of ma Mix i was working On CAn Any one help me.I got an External Mixer i have been Monitoring but yet still i end Up Hearing both ut Going Part and the Bad Part tooo i have been working On...Any Advices.

Mensajes Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 9:05 am
supermariosounds wrote :
Hello,
I have tried different things and what seems to be working for me is spliting the audio left/right
Left side will go to mixer then etc(eq,amps)Mono output is splitted with left/right and connected to two different channels....
Right side goes to my headphones for preview
Works fine and sounds great...

This will work in a pinch but this is definitely not the way to run your operation. The Left and Right are NOT identical. In a lot of club music it is close enough to work for a bunch of drunken rowdies but you definitely don't want to rely on a duct tape fix like this. I recommend getting a controller like the Hercules RMX or similar that has both a controller and an audio interface with dedicated cue options like a regular DJ mixer. Sound quality will also likely be improved.

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 1:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)