Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: USB Soundcard Reccomend?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dirtystHome userMember since 2010
Hey guys,

ive recently started djing for money using my pacemaker and i want to start using my pc, ive noticed my old soundcard has been very outdated and wont let me listen to one track in my headphones and the other out of my speakers. So i was wondering if anyone who has any good experience in this could tell me were i could purchase a USB soundcard that can let me plug my headphones into aswell as my speakers (3.5mm jack) that is a USB to go into my computer to work with my PC

Thanks in advance,

steve

Mensajes Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 9:52 am
To be able to pre-listen to music using headphones, you will either need two sound cards or a sound card with multiple outputs, such as a 5.1 surround sound card or preferably a dedicated DJ sound card (E.g: Numark DJIO or Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ.) With a laptop, you can add a USB stick sound card that will provide you with the additional output that you need.

Alternatively, you can use a single sound card and the mono split option in VirtualDJ's sound setup, however this will only give you MONO sound. You will need a splitter cable to split the left/right channels - Please search Google for: 3.5 jack splitter to mono

Once you have suitable sound card(s), you will then need to go into VirtualDJ CONFIG -> Sound Settings and choose Outputs: Headphones and select the appropriate sound card(s).

NOTE: In Home FREE, sound card options are limited. You will need a 5.1 card built into your computer to be able to headphone pre-listen, or use the MONO split option. For more advanced sound configuration, such as two separate cards or an external DJ sound card, you will need to purchase either VirtualDJ Basic or VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

To choose which deck to pre-listen to, press the TAB key or click PFL button on the skin. Use the crossfader and/or volume sliders to control which deck is output live over the master outputs.

Mensajes Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 1:21 pm
ah i see, so your saying if i get this item: http://www.djstore.com/item/soundcards/numdjio.htm i will be able to do what i asked which is have one song playing through my headphones, and the other through my speakers and i will be able to mix them both into my speakers? if so that would be awesome cos its not too pricey either!

Mensajes Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 1:26 pm
Yes, it has two separate stereo outputs - One for your master output to your speakers and another for separate headphone pre-listening.

You can also use it to output separate left and right decks to an external audio DJ mixer if you wish (Providing you purchase a VirtualDJ product that supports this configuration, such as Basic or Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html )

NOTE: VirtualDJ Home FREE does not support external sound cards - You will need to purchase a VirtualDJ product such as Virtual Basic or Professional to use Numark DJIO: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Mensajes Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 3:03 pm
thats great mate :) thank you very much!

Mensajes Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 4:18 pm
i have numark turntables but i dont know how i know i need a sound card with 2 line thingys i duno if it input or output and i i connect it will it play through my stereo

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 3:26 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dirtyst wrote :
Hey guys,

ive recently started djing for money using my pacemaker and i want to start using my pc, ive noticed my old soundcard has been very outdated and wont let me listen to one track in my headphones and the other out of my speakers. So i was wondering if anyone who has any good experience in this could tell me were i could purchase a USB soundcard that can let me plug my headphones into aswell as my speakers (3.5mm jack) that is a USB to go into my computer to work with my PC

Thanks in advance,

steve

If budget is not an issue, I suggest DN-X1600 from Denon (It's what I use). Mixer, Sound-interface, and Midi-controller all-in-one.

Mensajes Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 2:01 pm
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding Numark's DJ IO not working with Windows 8?

Mensajes Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 4:46 pm
My suggestion would be not to dig up an old topic to post something you've already asked about.

Second to that, the best people to ask are of course Numark. They have a support site at community.numark.com

Mensajes Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 6:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)