Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: The Dubstep Mixing Tips Thread - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm new to mixing Dubstep as well, but let's just say I caught the audio virus and it's incurable

I used to mix Electro-House and one of the main things my mate taught me was to bring in track two with the bass lvl killed and switch with track one's bass when ready. It sounds dope as f*** if the songs compliment eachother, but I just couldn't make it work with Dubstep...

But all the sound in most dubstep tracks is in the mid range, I like to bring in a new song at a slow part with the mid lvl killed and wait for the drop (they should be dropping at the same time) and switch the mids =]

try it out if you wanna mess around with it, it isn't too hard to find a couple songs that compliment each other during the slow parts...

If it sounds a bit off tho, I usually drop track one when I put track two's mid up.

Mensajes Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 7:40 pm
Have a 2Step/ Dubstep mix to chuck up on soundcloud next time im home on the internet will link it here when its up and would like some comments. check out my First mixtrack mix in this forum in the meantime.

Love dubstep and the whole scene real dirty grimey bass, grime and garage im a fan of as well, getting into 2 step as well thanks to a pommy mate of mine.

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 6:51 am

Mensajes Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 3:13 am
haha dont tell me i killed this thread with a crap mix lol

Mensajes Thu 18 Aug 11 @ 4:20 am
I like the tracks mate, that is not something I would ordinarily look for, but I loved the constant flow behind the music, I honestly never knew grime had such a good soulful flow, I thought it as just the uk's version of gangsta rap LOL. that being said the second or third mix was a bit harsh, but you got it back in time without too much trouble, and there were no other faults, so you don't really need any advice, you probably just need to get more familiar with that track or leave yourself a little more time to mix to have a perfect set. Nice one bro!

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 3:37 am
Thanks alot synth, I have only in the last 5 months gotten in to 2step and grime, I though it was uk gangsta rap as well, but a mate of mine got me into it, hes from the uk and is into the bass music that soulful bass synth music, he also has some really dirty grimey stuff as well.

I realized I made a couple of time mistakes as I was distracted by my daughter and didn't study the tracks to well before recording that one, I need to work on my EQ levels as well when I drop.

Thanks alot for the input mate!

Mensajes Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 6:46 am
today i cruised through

criminal minds mashup of moar ghosts n stuff w/ madeon and skrillex
"lockdown" terravita
"gravity" the others
"anthem" magnetic man
"the walk" mt eden
"beethoven's fifth" sound remedy
"departure" nero
"F.O.O.L. is coming home" waylord gartner
"ti w/ christina aguilera - castle walls" sound remedy

Mensajes Sun 21 Aug 11 @ 12:58 am
Sup all you dubheads.

I'm taking a real serious look at dubstep right now.
I feel like i'm not getting it...
This is my first attempt I felt confident sharing. But The techniques I used we're very logical. Same techniques we use mixing Usher and Lil John in the club or on your vinyl Hardhouse collection you'd bang at a massive.
I feel like I'm missing something becuase dubstep seems illogical with these swiping, drilling and sweeping bass mechanics.

You guys willing to share any techniques you use, maybe something i've not grabbed a hold of yet.

http://soundcloud.com/djjordank/djjordank-electrocutioner
I hope you like it, input and notes are very appreciated!

Mensajes Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 5:57 pm
I'm so happy to have found this forum! I just don't have enough dubstep lovers on facebook, just started listening to your mixes i'm loving them. I use the numark idj3 with virtual dj. Here's one of mine, i'd say it was also a pretty "safe" mix, i also used more matching keys in this one. I'd love to hear what you guys think and any tips/strategies for mixing dub. Trying to get more creative now.
-jamie

http://soundcloud.com/darkmenu/21st-crisis

and here's a quickie i made the another night trying to snap the crossfader more, mashup of a couple of drops and just trying to mix it up a bit.

http://soundcloud.com/darkmenu/u-mad-neighbours#

Mensajes Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 7:18 pm

Mensajes Thu 20 Oct 11 @ 10:05 pm
mannnn kirill this mix is sick!! wasn't feeling the effects of the first track but after that it got wild, nice mixing you blended the transitions really well. did you use tracks with keys that matched well or change the keys yourself? i need those tracks so bad ahahaha what's the name of the one that goes "DJ turn the speakers up" and the one you played before it?

Mensajes Sat 29 Oct 11 @ 9:49 pm
i never even look at the keys i just pick songs i like, im not very professional about it lol its just something to do while im high

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 3:19 pm
and that song is "Mr vermin - speakers up"

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 3:19 pm
Hey guys,

After 7 months I finally did another dubstep one :P Enjoy!

http://i.mixcloud.com/CBEASo

Krinshas - Ephemeral Mists
With A Passion - Pete Miles
Murdah Sound - Skeng
Lost My Mind - Vaski
Asylum - Nevamis
Brutal (Coresyntax Remix) - Point Blank
Wookie (Original Mix) - Trillbass
Bassbent - Guttstar
Hands Of A Machine - Drift The Dean
Wasteland - Black Sun Empire & Spl
Pocket Rocket - Crimps And Cotcha
Spatial Needs - Hibernation

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 1:55 pm
DJAcciaHome userMember since 2011
I'm just another that agrees, but yes, Dubstep is a fun genre to mix.
Keep mixing, guys.
And check me out on Youtube - DJ Accia

Viva La Wubolution.
-Accia

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 9:47 am
Alrytt people :D
im in the dubstep scene aswell (Y) love the genre.
If possible, check out my soundcloud, it has a few dubstep and glitch hop mixes: http://soundcloud.com/permantlyhigh8d
Feedback would be greatly appreciated as im always looking to improve :)

Mensajes Sat 05 May 12 @ 8:00 am

Mensajes Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 12:37 pm
Guys,

Can you please refrain from using expletives in your forum posts.

I've edited a couple of the posts above to remove the words.

Regards

Keith

Mensajes Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 1:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)