Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: DJ AM

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So, I've been watching a ton of videos of DJ AM and I'm trying to break down some of the techniques he uses.
I am wondering how he mixes so many tracks so quickly. I know he uses Serato, but I would think his skills would be more mechanical.
He pulls intros and mixes them in within a split second and I can't figure it out.
What do you think?

Mensajes Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 12:15 pm
lot of practicing and you will see he repeats some of his routines like the wonderwall routine, so in the midst of it, u dont even realise it but yeah u have heard that combo before.

its a lot of manipulating, samples, acapellas and instrus. and TALENT: which dj am and every dj would like to have.

Mensajes Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 5:27 pm
When you have all your songs cued up at certain parts of the song, you can mix fast. He plays a Track to use it as an intro to another, then he mixes another song to play for a long longer length. Many of the DJ's in New York play like this. All you have to do is practice and be creative. Mix up everything without skipping a beat.

The key to DJ iing fast is the way you have your music organized. You organize your music based on what you think sounds good together with another track. Once you have alot of session folders, you practice your sets and try to make sound good by being creative. You can use Acapellas, instrumenrtals etc.

Mensajes Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 12:27 pm
Thanks for the input. Is there a recommended place to get instrumentals?
I know you can get some off Amazon, but it seems to be few and far between.

Mensajes Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 2:12 pm
Your not going to get good music from there. Join a record pool like 8th wonder record pool or Franchise record pool. They have mashups, remixes, Instrumentals, acapellas, sound effects etc.

Mensajes Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 9:14 pm
Thanks Caliente123.
By the way, I listened to your Electronic Dance Mix 2010 and it sounds dope, however I was wondering if you could tell me the effect used at about 2:29. It's a wooshing, electronic effect and I've serached my butt of for it.

Mensajes Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 12:38 pm
That wasnt no effect. The song kicks in like that. When i am mixing, i pick certain parts of the song where i would start the track from there. i enhance the effects by either reducing the bass or raising the mids. I also do 1/4 loops or 1/2 loops and fade out the sound

Mensajes Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 2:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)