Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Energy Levels

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So I have been playing with mixing for a month or two now and am getting the hang of the basics, reading more than I can even retain. My question regarding energy levels is in regards to breakdowns that build to a crescendo, i am trying to keep a steadily up flowing energy in one particular mix yet I feel I lose all that building to breakdowns, then obviously it rebuilds. My thoughts of getting around such an obstacle are such: either try and piece more chorus and verse sections together beforing allowing the mix to go to a complete breakdown(song selection) OR have some people been able to successfully have song B in the mix with A so that when A is getting ready to breakdown verse/chorus from B maintains a bass line( assuming to keep a dance tempo) then cut back to the final portion of previous tracks crescendo(drop)?

Sorry if somewhat confusing, I just want to be on somewhat of the right track. I know it depends mainly on the situation and what not, I am just looking for a little help as I have been trying both methods and having a little trouble. If it changes anything I am mixing mostly house with a partialness to dutch house. Which I have found has many exaggerated breakdowns/crescendos which I love but have a hard time maintaining energy in a solid mix.
Thanks in advance for your help and time!

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 6:35 pm
Try short cutting your tracks to keep a constant flow to your mix. It's becoming increasingly popular in the club scene to play the first or second verse, followed by the chorus and blended or cut right into the next track. This will avoid the break down and keep the energy level high. I will generally do this at the club during peak hours (12-2am).

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 7:20 pm
Thinking out loud......noticed some dj sets depending on the person obviously, seem to hot cue past some of the more dull part of songs. Is this a valid way of going about it? Or even I noticed with one of wolfgangs sets he will cue a crescendo going into the later part of a chorus to build into a drop of the same song, does this require the same song on two decks? Or could possibly use another build up from another song to drop the second chorus/verse etc without having the normal breakdown after first chorus? Does anybody use any of these techniques or have any suggestions?

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 11:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)