Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help with the NS6

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I recently purchased a Numark NS6 and it works with VDJ as far deck and mixer function. The problem I'm running into is I'm not able to have headphone control for the deck I have cued. It will play the outgoing signal as if going through a monitor, but no cue function. I'm not sure If I just haven't setup the sound cards correctly or if this is just a mapping problem. It works perfectly on Serato Itch, but I don't like to play with Serato so does anyone out there know the trick to make the headphones work.

Mensajes Fri 26 Aug 11 @ 5:42 pm
Ah, had the same problem when I got mine.

Your sound configuration is not setup correctly. You will need to go to the hardware section in the forums or go to http://www.numarkns6.com to find the correct way to connect the ns6.

Once it is right, you will never have a single problem.

Also, you will want to do the firmware upgrade as well. See the numark site for that as well.

Scott

[Edited: No need to obfuscate links to websites on the VirtualDJ forums. We don't block links to websites, although may remove or edit them if they break the rules, e.g: Link to inappropriate site, 3rd party add-on download, etc.]

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 11 @ 8:45 pm
I would like everyone to know the solution to the NS6 problem in case you are having the same problems.

For the middle selection I believe it's output, well you need to click on the second icon I believe its the headphone selection
and for sound card you need it on the 4 card then Numark NS6 output, once you apply it all controls work for it from the headphones to everything.

Once you close out and you re open for another gig or whatever, you'll need to go back into the sound setup and reapply the settings

Mensajes Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 9:14 pm
Changing the soundcard settings helped me too...but the MAC version of VDJ is disappointingly buggy. I am switching over from the PC version and have had quite a bit of trouble. For example, with the soundcard settings, as the person above noted, you must go into this window and click APPLY and SAVE EVERY TIME YOU REOPEN VIRTUAL DJ!!! Why is this necessary? It should save your last used settings. The same thing applies for the crossfader. Why is it necessary to go in and disable it every time you reopen the software? The annoyances don't stop there. If I'm missing something, someone please let me know. I'm using a brandnew MacBook Pro and Numark NS6.

Mensajes Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 2:18 pm
In the last couple of weeks, every time I use VDJ, I've been getting intermittent music freezes...2-4 times per night. I haven't changed anything in my rig that I can think of. When it has happened, I've gone into the config. window and reselected the numark sound card (takes more than one time as usual clicking on the apply button) and then the song continues.

I'm using a Macbook Pro, the latest (registered) version of VDJ, NS6 mixer, external drive to hold audio files, I've disabled time machine / internet, etc. and have gone through the other steps recommended in how to optimize my Mac for VDJ, the usb ports are both working fine from what I can tell, etc. I haven't added anything new to the computer otherwise, and it has very low CPU usage & a huge amount of harddrive space and available memory.

I'm assuming this is an issue with the soundcard, as it seems VDJ is dropping the soundcard setting in the middle of a song.

Please help...with any suggestions. It's of course quite embarrassing when this happens. When it freezes, I'm not touching anything on the computer or on the NS6, it just happen all on its own.

Thanks,
Tabitha

Mensajes Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 10:39 pm
Does it also happen when you use the internal harddrive only?
Does it also happen, when using a other controller, soundcard?

This sounds more like a problem with the external harddrive or the N6 itself.

A freeze on VDJ side does only come up, when one the needed parts does not respond.
Computer, soundcard, videocard, controller etc.

Mensajes Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 2:44 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)