Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: how can i bypass boring dropouts

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I notice alot of house and trance music typically have breakdowns/drop outs in between the 1st and 2nd chorus. excuse my terminology if im wrong, but after a big chorus sometimes you dont want to drain all the energy out of the venue that your playing at by going from an energy packed chorus to a crash symbol followed by 2 bars of silence... then followed by 2-4 phrases of buildups.

ive tried to cut straight to other parts of the song but im kind of just shooting in the dark and dont get the whole theory behind side stepping the boring section of the song. and i would rather have it sound a lot more cleaner and professional than just winging it.

what are some of your methods and techniques?

hope that makes sense lol. thanks for the help.

Mensajes Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 3:01 am
hello, I don't really understand what are you trying to say but if you want mixing techniques i can share some of mine with you.

the most basic beatmatching method, you can read them easily anywhere by googling it.

you can mix the the 1st chorus of song A to song B by either beatmatching, or by monitoring and get two of the song flow together at the same time ( if you know what I mean).

Mensajes Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 5:47 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For some songs I create remixes prior to playing at a venue. I simply mix the song with itself and record and then play that version live.

Mensajes Thu 08 Mar 12 @ 9:53 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can also use clone_deck shortcut and do the remix live, bypassing what you don't like quickly. I've done that on the fly as well.

Mensajes Fri 09 Mar 12 @ 7:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)