Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Numark NS6 and macbook pro

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi all, I recently brought the NS6 and was using it on my pc which I was able to setup fairly easily and everything worked - but I brought a new mac on the weekend to use for my dj setup and I can't get anything at all to work on the NS6.
I've down loaded the drivers etc from the Numark site and have the latest version of VDJ.

I suspect there is something that I haven't set up properly in the mac. (mac's are new to me) Even the sound setup menu is different from the pc.

Does anyone have any info on this that may help me out?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Mensajes Mon 28 May 12 @ 5:50 am
I've searched the net and the forums and am still having trouble.
I've done the sound set up as I've seen posted on here, and I read somewhere to select the NS6 in the mappers but it isn't showing up in there at all. I've also selected the NS6 in the audio midi setup in the mac but still nothing.

Nothing on the NS6 works at all so have no control over anything, (it powers up and in the controller box it says that it it is connected) it works fine on my pc so its not the controller.

This is getting frustrating (3rd night in a row-and am starting to pull my hair out)

Please can anyone shed some light on what I need to do or am doing wrong.

Mensajes Tue 29 May 12 @ 6:57 am
yea i have the same problem its just when u go to map the numark ns6 and u download the mapper program on the vdj it say instal failed does anyone know why

Mensajes Tue 29 May 12 @ 3:03 pm
Mark check your messages, I'll see if I can help you out tonight.

Mensajes Tue 29 May 12 @ 3:58 pm
did anyone figure it out

Mensajes Wed 30 May 12 @ 2:41 pm
Hi cstoll, Thanks for the great advice it worked like a charm. I downloaded itch etc and once I opened VDJ everything works as it should.

Now, all I need to do is learn how to use my new NS6 properly...

Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

Mensajes Thu 31 May 12 @ 4:23 am
Some people were suggesting to run Itch behind Virtual for the mic on the NS7, prior to 7.05. Yet another great feature of the NS6, 2 mic outs!

Mensajes Thu 31 May 12 @ 4:04 pm
hey can someone let me know what u guys did to make it work

Mensajes Sat 02 Jun 12 @ 10:35 am
djdhwanil wrote :

It appears they installed Itch, which gives you the necessary drivers. If you haven't already done this then that may be your problem, or an update to your Itch drivers.

Mensajes Sat 02 Jun 12 @ 3:17 pm
pskeensPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdhwanil wrote :

As cstoll stated:

Install Itch (Install the latest version - pskeens)
Reboot
Connect controller and power on
Open Itch
Go to their setup and the Hardware tab - you should see a Hardware firmware update notice.

Once this is complete everything should work perfectly.

Mensajes Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 9:57 pm
this should make it work for vdj right

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 2:59 pm
djdhwanil wrote :
this should make it work for vdj right

YES.... I recently did the Itch update myself and the NS6 works great! Now if I could just get people to stop leaning on my stand and hovering drinks over my NS6!

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 7:13 pm
it still doesn't

Mensajes Sun 10 Jun 12 @ 10:56 am
i bought a ns6 but can't get it to work on the mac maverick is there a way to get it to work

Mensajes Sun 24 Nov 13 @ 5:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you gone through this Setup http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/NS6.html ?

What exactly is not working for you ? Sound or control issues ? Could you please explain the steps you ve done and provide any additional information ?

When VirtualDJ launches , do you see the device in Config->Mappers tab ?
If you move the crossfader of the unit, do you see the one on the screen (software) moving as well ?

Do you see the Device both as Sound card and Midi in Audio Midi Setup ? Click on the "View Midi Page" option from the top menu. How is the unit listed (named) there ?

Mensajes Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 5:35 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)