Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: New DJ needs some Help getting started.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

eli92Home userMember since 2012
Hey guys thanks for your time,

I'm a new to the Djing world, have been doing it for a couple of months. I have been practicing on a Midi Controller first, the Numark Mixtrack Pro. Mixing on that was actually relatively easy, i first started by using the sync button, then later when i good at matching the beats with that, i moved on to manually doing it with the pitch control. It was super easy, well too super easy. I didn't feel i was accomplishing anything a professional would be doing. So i decided i like the idea of using turntables with timecodes. I bought all my equipment and i finally had it set up last night and was ready to rock and roll, Boy was i in for a surprise.

Some of my biggest concerns was cueing the record up. I have it set on smart relative, and when i dropped the needle down towards the beginning of the track, the record would start at some random spot in the song closer to the beginning. Another issue is was every time i dropped the beat on the 1, on screen i was always never dead on, and i couldn't tell if i needed to slow it down, or nudge the record to speed it up, i couldn't tell if it was lag too. But my biggest problem was the pitch control. When i would try to change the pitch to beat match the song, first it would take maybe a second for the onscreen display to reflect what i was doing, and second when i got t where i wanted it to be, the BPM would start jumping up and down in small increments, and would totally blow my mix. It would get so bad that it would jump about 5-7% from the initial BPM i set it to. I changed the pitch sensitivity to about 3.3% in the debug menu, hoping it would help, but not really.

So i got frustrated and turned everything off, and Raged quit, lol. I know thats not the way to go and i need to practice. But im am so new to turntables, that i dont know where to start. Can any of you give me some pointers on how a extreme beginner like me should start out practicing. Literally walk me through the ways you guys first started out, from setting up the timecodes and TTs, to actually playing the music.

I know its a lot, but i dont wanna rage quit again lol, anything helps guys that can help me show some progress.

Thanks guy

Mensajes Tue 12 Jun 12 @ 7:39 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)