Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: help with beatgrid

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

this has maybe been brought up a few times so hope I'm not duplicating much

OK I use the software for mixing and that's all, I would like to do much more with it, does the beat grid help with syncing the tracks as I don't have a soundcard to cue the tracks up as yet so wanting to know how I can ensure the tracks are matched rather than just hoping they are before doing the mix

In time I will get a controller and an external sound card and then try and be more creative, I just would like to do some mixes that are all matched rather than it going great for a while then going out which is really frustrating

Hope people can shed some light on this

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 9:36 am
Your priority should be to get either a suitable soundcard (an ASIO one if you're on PC) with at least two stereo outputs - one for the main mix and the other for cue - or a pair of USB headphones, which will act as a second "soundcard" and allow you to cue.

It's not ideal to use two separate cards of different makes, with different drivers etc. as it can cause timing issues.

As for the beat grid (CBG) it's only as accurate as the music. The computer tries its best to work out where beats are & what the tempo is, but it hasn't got ears like us, so it gets it wrong sometimes.

Also it can't cope with music that varies in tempo - even slightly. That's because the spaces between the CBG markers are fixed.

It's unfortunate that VDJ works that way, but there it is.

Some companies are now realising that beat markers need to be fluid, but not Atomix (yet).

Mensajes Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 4:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)