Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ sound issues

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey there,

perhaps this issue has been discussed and solved in some other portion of the Forum.

Here is the story: I use Denon MC 6000 controller with Win 7 Dell laptop. Lately, while playing a track, VDJ would start playing it slower with nasty distorted sound. Similar to the sound of a cassette tape stuck in a cassette player for those over 30 of us. :)
Restarting VDJ fixes the issue. But I lose info on which songs have been played tonight, besides the obvious issue of having to restart VDJ in the middle of a party.

Please help,
Pasha

Mensajes Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 7:20 am
Question number one when dealing with the MC6000:

Are you using the Denon ASIO driver?

See here especially the part about using WDM instead of ASIO.

"WDM drivers do not allow low latency audio (Important for fast scratch response), but are more simple and less susceptible to issues such as sound break-up, stuttering, etc."

Mensajes Sat 29 Sep 12 @ 8:28 am
groovindj wrote :
Question number one when dealing with the MC6000:

Are you using the Denon ASIO driver?

See here especially the part about using WDM instead of ASIO.

"WDM drivers do not allow low latency audio (Important for fast scratch response), but are more simple and less susceptible to issues such as sound break-up, stuttering, etc."

Using WDM drivers instead does seem to have fixed it. Thanks a lot! :)

Mensajes Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 6:42 am
DJ_Freight_Train wrote :
I get a echo on my voice

My first thought is that you may be experiencing latency through your sound card.

In other words......when you speak, you hear yourself - but then shortly afterwards you hear your voice through your speakers or headphones.

That's latency - a delay between your action (speaking) and the result (sound) caused by the time it takes for the sound card to process the audio. It will affect the music you play too - but because you only hear the result, you're not noticing the delay.

The solution (if it is caused by latency) is to invest in a low latency sound card i.e. one which is ASIO compatible (not ASIO4ALL).

Mensajes Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 3:17 am
hi guys i had a party this past weekend and had trouble with my virtualdj and i had no idea how to fix it well i plug my 2 main speakers on and i had no head phones and if i prees the (CUE) iit would get loud and if i try to listen to the next song that i was trying to mix it would come on the speakers Please help guys!!

Mensajes Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 7:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)