Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: HELP PLS

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hey i just downloaded the software because i wanted to try out DJ-ing but the thing is i have no clue as to how to use it, mix songs together etc. Can someone please give me a basic guideline on how to make a simple mix please. Thanksss

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 11:51 am

Mensajes Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 10:19 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Here is a wonderful guide done by another ex.pro user...

OK here we go:

What you have on the VDJ screen is a graphic representation of a typical DJ setup. Two decks/players, an audio mixer for combining the outputs of those two players, and below everything a browser - the "record box" where the DJ can search and see the songs in the collection.

The idea is simple. Pick a song, load it to a player (either one) and press play.

Once that song is playing, choose another one and load it to the other player.

Now comes the part that's different to just using an iPod or playing a CD at home.

The songs can only be heard from the output when the volume fader on that side of the mixer is raised. When the fader's lowered, the song won't play from the speakers but the DJ can still listen to it (pre-listen or cue) when the cue button is pressed, via headphones.

The idea of cueing is to get the song to a position at which you'd like to start it playing. Maybe on the first beat, after a quiet intro. Maybe on the start of a musical riff etc.

Once it's cued, you can raise the volume on that side and get ready to hit play when you feel it's time.

You can either wait until the previous song starts to fade, or you can fade it yourself - slightly before playing the next song, or at the same time, or even once the new song is playing - this is where the feel comes in. It's your decision, rather than having to follow a rule.

So that's the sequence. Load a song. Play a song. Load the next one, cue it. Swap from the first to the second. Repeat!

FYI in order to cue (listen to a song in headphones) while another song is playing, you'll need two stereo sound cards or one multi-channel card.

Mensajes Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 3:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)