Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Denon SC2900s + DN-X1600 in VDJ? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there anyone out there currently using SC2900's and a X1600 mixer with Virtual DJ?

I've been trying to figure out if/how it works (don't actually own them though!) but I'm getting confused by the little bit I read.
I'm assuming they work in some way, but I would like to know HOW and what the shortcomings currently are......

Thank you

Mensajes Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 4:21 pm
It's not natively supported yet - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

The SC3900 is supported in hybrid MIDI mode via a downloadable mapper. A mapper for the SC2900 may be available soon.

For now, you could use the SC2900 via timecode CD or map it manually yourself.

Mensajes Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 1:39 pm
I didn't think it was fully/native yet.
What functionality is given up when using CD Timecode?

Mensajes Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 4:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If it's the same as the SC3900 in that respect then it's just the additional requirements of timecode, along with the loss of two lines of the display.

Mensajes Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 6:37 pm
That seems like a reasonable compromise for now. Don't *really* need much of a display since you have the software interface...

So...are the rumors that the release of VDJ 8 will include native support for the SC2900 true?

Mensajes Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 1:42 pm
Do the SC2900's work the same as SC3900's in VDJ?
Will there by any chance be native support in VDJ8?

Mensajes Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 7:27 pm

Mensajes Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 4:42 am
With the latest SC2900 firmware and VDJ 7.4 do we have native support now?

Mensajes Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 10:48 am
SC2900's are natively supported in VirtualDJ v7.4 (New firmware is required for the jogwheel LED ring to work.)

SC3900's (With active spinning platter) will work natively once the firmware to support this is released by Denon.

Mensajes Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 1:36 pm
Alright...I finally own a pair of SC2900's and an X1600 mixer. Now I'm just trying to get them all to work in VDJ 7.4 :) I don't suppose there is a tutorial out there somewhere?
I've got the latest firmware installed all the way around.

I seem to be missing a setting or two somewhere though...close but no dice...

Both Sc2900's seem to be controlling one of the decks in VDJ. And I am not getting audio out of the mixer.

Mensajes Thu 09 May 13 @ 10:33 pm
Press the EJECT button on the SC2900's to change which deck each player controls.

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 4:47 am
Thanks. I got each deck controlling a player correctly.

I've still got a couple of issues though. The big one is configuring the mixer I think so I'd like to get that one figured out next.
I'm not getting any audio.... nothing bumping in the channel meters and nothing coming out of main.

Can you point me in the right direction of how the settings should be? Or send me to a link that explains?
thank you

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 7:41 am
How are you configuring the audio?

Using the SC2900s as your sound cards, or using the X1600?

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 8:29 am
I want to use the x1600 for audio, 2900's for control.

I remember watching this video awhile ago, is this still accurate? If so then I see like two or three things I was doing wrong ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOtE_HliCUM

VDJ will only work with soundcard set to 44.1k?
I need to select "Denon DJ ASIO Driver" for each deck?

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 8:47 am
Yeah, that looks right to me.

You'll need to be sure you're using the right version of the ASIO driver for your operating system and the Denon kit you've connected. There is (or at least was) a chart on their forum that shows which driver you should use.

It's also worth checking in the Denon driver control panel that the audio devices you want to use are all listed and selected.

As far as I know Atomix haven't addressed the issues with sample rates over 44.1 yet but you'll probably only be playing 44.1 files anyway.

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:02 am
I'll have to dig around for the correct-driver thing....
I won't be able to try out the settings until this eve (STUPID DAY JOB)

Another problem that I'm not sure if is a setting on the deck or in VDJ, it seems like the 2900 on the right that is controlling the "deck 2" in VDJ doesn't kick over to..uh..what to call it..."lit up" mode? I switch it to MIDI/NORMAL and it connects to the PC. The deck actually controls deck2 in the software, but the deck doesn't light up...it just stays with "connect success" on the screen and the platter ring, buttons/etc don't light up. Do you know what I mean?

I'll attach a cell phone pic I took last night....

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:16 am
re: ASIO driver http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common_Device_Drivers.html

If you own these models, (X1700/X1600/X600/MC6000/MC3000) and use a Windows computer with 32 or 64-bit Win XP/Vista/7 OS then please install ASIO v2.21.

I'll have to verify what I have installed tonight, but pretty sure I have v2.21 from my HC4500

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:28 am
Yes, I just found the chart on the Denon forum and was about to post the same answer - v2.22

I have to hack my way in to their forum now via a proxy, as they banned me for spam (which I never sent) from an IP address (that isn't mine).

As for the "dodgy deck" - has that got the same firmware as the one that's OK? It was mentioned above that the LED rings needed a f/w update.

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:37 am
VDJ info says v2.21?

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:39 am
Def says 2.22 on the Denon forum.

Mensajes Fri 10 May 13 @ 9:43 am
57%