Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VMS2 volume indicators

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When I am playing a track on one deck, and try
to cue the second deck through headphones, the volume
indicators spike. Sound does not get louder through speakers,
only through the headphones.
Also in VDJ options menu for gain; Prior t using the VMS2,
I always had it set as auto-remember.
With the VMS2 it changes the gain.
Any ideas?

Mensajes Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 8:32 am
Are you pre-listening to songs that you have never previously played? If so, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html

If it's always like this even for songs previously played, then your headphone volume may be set too high or possibly you have used headphone_gain to raise the gain on the headphones to compensate for low headphone output (Some controllers may also have a knob assigned to this.)

Mensajes Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 11:10 am
Songs have been previously analyzed.
Headphone volume is ok until I click the prelisten button.
Checked the mapper and it is mapped as such:
headphone_volume
I deleted the mapper for it, but it still occurs.
Any other suggestions?
Also why does the gain in VDJ change?
I have it set as "Auto-Remember", so that
the gain within VDJ stays the same.

Mensajes Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 11:21 am
You should NOT delete the headphone_volume mapping otherwise you will not have any control any more over the headphone volume Change it back to how it was before.

If the volume is too loud as soon as you press the pre-listen button then it means that your headphone mix and/or volume is not set to the correct level (Some controllers may have hotter headphone output than others.)

The headphone mix controls how much of the master output vs pre-listened is heard in your headphones. Headphone volume controls the overall volume.

Try setting the headphone mix knob to around 1/2 (50%) and the volume to an appropriate level. At this setting, both pre-listened and master will be the same level as each other in your headphones. If you need the pre-listened louder, set the mix knob appropriately, e.g: 1/3

(If your controller doesn't have a headphone mix knob, use a skin that does such as the default v7 4 deck skin)

The gain knob position will change from one song to another because the optimal gain that's determined during analysis by VirtualDJ will be different from one song to another. You should never normally need to change the gain of a song except in the rare cases where VirtualDJ analysis has not set it correctly (This is a once off correction providing that you have auto+remember set.)

Gain should never be used to compensate for speakers and/or headphones that aren't loud enough. Too much gain will engage the limiter in v7.3 (Resulting in pumping sound) or distortion in earlier versions of the software that don't have the limiter.

Mensajes Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 11:41 am
If I set the cue mix to master, then the volume can be controlled so it
does not get louder.
Here's a bit more of what goes on.
If the VMS Meters read at -20 DB then you hit the cue, the meters will rise to -4DB.
However if meters are at -4 DB or above while playing and you hit the cue button, the meters
do not rise, they stay the same level. I just never had this situation before, and maybe
I should not be concerned.

As for the setting in VDJ for gain; it should be set to auto-remember everything should be okay.
Again I never seen the gain rise from when it was originally analyzed.

Thanks for assistance.

Mensajes Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 12:43 pm
hi! the slidder for my right picth broke , where can i order a new one to replace?

Mensajes Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 4:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)