Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Issue moving cached content from laptop to PC

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I am a Premium Member and wish to move my cached content/playlists from my laptop to my PC. I used an external hard drive to move the playlist and cached folder from My Documents/Virtual DJ on the laptop and successfully put them on my PC and they do show in Virtual DJ on my PC. The problem is, when I go to play them on the PC I get an error and it will not play. I have tried right clicking on a song and selecting "Refresh Cache Authorizations" but it will not do anything. A quick screen pops up and flashes off right away so fast that I can't read what it is trying to say. I also tried deleting the entire Virtual DJ folder on my PC (under My Documents again) to start from scratch, and then moved the entire Virtual DJ folder from my laptop but still won't work. Am I missing something? My laptop uses Windows 8, my PC uses Vista. I am using Virtual DJ Home Edition with a content unlimited subscription. Please help! Thank you.

Mensajes Fri 17 May 13 @ 11:34 am
I would like to know about this too. I have a back up computer in case something happens at a gig, and surely there must be a way to transfer my content unlimited and netsearch cache songs to a back up. If not, I think I am wasting my time as a premium member. I would appreciate a response, as would the guy before me, from a system moderator with a solution to this issue.
Thank you
DJ Scotty Rockit

Mensajes Sun 16 Jun 13 @ 1:38 pm
Hey TD, it may have something to do with the file location. For instance, my primary computer file path would be \sonydj\virtualdj and my back is \dj3\virtualdj. The only way I can see that this would work is if the file folder names were the same. Just a guess, but if we could change the names of the back up computer, well...

I just tried this, but because I use these two computers on the same network, windows won't allow it. So unless I want to remove my backup computer from my network and do my files transfers by USB drive, I can't even test this theory. It's a bitch, and I hope someone would step up with the knowledge to let us know why and if there is a solution. I can't understand why more people aren't asking this question!

Mensajes Sun 16 Jun 13 @ 1:56 pm
amarillodj wrote :
I can't understand why more people aren't asking this question!

Possibly because they don't need to back anything up. It's only there for emergency purposes, not to provide a cheap song library.

:-)

Mensajes Sun 16 Jun 13 @ 3:12 pm
jdunhamPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I had the same problem when I moved from my desktop to laptop. I sat the computers sided by side and went through and re downloaded everything . It took two days and was a pain in the butt.

Mensajes Fri 16 Aug 13 @ 9:06 am
I am having the same problem guys. I just bought a mac, and have about 1500 content unlimited songs cached to my other DJ laptop and want to find an easy way to transfer them without having to redownload them all. Does anyone know a way?

Mensajes Sun 01 Sep 13 @ 1:34 pm

Mensajes Sun 01 Sep 13 @ 1:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)