Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Beginner mixer needing help.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys,
I downloaded virtual DJ a few days ago and I know the extreme basics (Syncing tunes, playing them etc)
but I need help progressing to the point where I can actually mix 2 songs and make them sound good
together.

I will be mixing Jump Up and just need a few starter tips.
A link to a beginner guide or such for Jump Up mixing would be highly appreciated.

Also, for beginner mixing, a tracklist of how many songs would be recommended?

Thank you :)

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 13 @ 5:16 am
The key to making a mix "sound good" is just that - the key.

If you mix two songs that are in different keys, then they can clash - causing an unpleasant sound to the ear because the two keys are dissonant. They don't work together musically.

Do some reading on harmonic mixing and the Camelot Wheel.

In my opinion there is no such thing as "jump up mixing" or house mixing or hip hop mixing. It's just mixing!

There are many different ways of going from one track to the next to keep the dance floor busy.....and they don't always involve mixing (i.e. the beats of two tracks being lined up and playing together for X bars).

There are plenty of tips around this forum.

As for "how many songs", that depends on how long you're playing for! I personally wouldn't swap between songs too often, as most people like to hear whole songs (or at least a recognisable portion) rather than bits and pieces.

Mensajes Wed 19 Jun 13 @ 7:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)