Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Help with mixing acapellas and beats

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey Guys, this is my first post so I hope it's in the right place but I need some help with mixing vocals for beginners. I've been DJing for 3 weeks now and I have the hang of beatmatching and everything but the one thing that is killing my mixes is lining up my acapellas with my instrumentals. I have good instrumentals and vocals but I can't figure out how to properly line up my vocals with where I want them to end for the beat drop and they aren't properly aligned with the beats of the song, do you guys have any advice?

Mensajes Fri 23 Aug 13 @ 4:31 pm
Making mash ups can be tricky and dfficult at times, it took alot of patience for me to get mine right. Listen to both of the songs with an active ear and study them, how many bars is the verse/chorus/bridge etc. Your most likely going to have to cut and chop the instrumental a bit to make it fit and sound right and flow with the accapella. Heres mine I made, it was my first one. https://soundcloud.com/hunter-knucklehead-silas. Hope this helps a little!

Mensajes Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 9:37 pm

Mensajes Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 8:36 pm
vocals don't usually start on the drop like when your mixing songs, you just need to adjust your timing of pressing play to suit the acapella. The way I figured it out was to sing the song in my head as the track is playing, soon enough you will get the timing right and notice a pattern.

Mensajes Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 11:43 pm
synthet1c wrote :
vocals don't usually start on the drop

Well some do, some don't!

Vocalists are often more fluid in their placement of words within the bars. Like real drummers, the timing can be slightly ahead of or behind the beat. They're human. Sometimes it's done on purpose, other times it's just down to the words they're singing - whether the word starts with a hard sound (like a P) or a soft one (like S).

Mensajes Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 4:54 am
Cues will be your best friend for something like this

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 8:35 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)