Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Trouble with Numark M101USB

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Okay so I have a windows 7 toshiba laptop,vdj, and a numark m101usb. Whenever I play the left deck on vdj, the m101 detects it and plays it on the right. Whenever I play it on the right deck, the m101 doesn't play the left song. Nor does the crossfader work. The usb/phono/line switch is only on one side (right) and its just phono/line switch on the other side.

I was going to get 2 cdjs and hook them up to my m101 then through my laptop, would it work then?

Please help :(

Mensajes Thu 29 Aug 13 @ 5:49 pm
ClubDJ 77 wrote :
The usb/phono/line switch is only on one side (right) and its just phono/line switch on the other side.

Well you've answered your own question there. That mixer clearly only has one USB stereo audio channel.

You can set the VDJ master output to play through the M101, but you'll have to mix using the mouse/keyboard and onscreen mixer.

When you say the crossfader doesn't work, I'm guessing that you mean the virtual (on screen) crossfader doesn't move when you move the M101 crossfader. That's as it should be. The M101 will not control the VDJ crossfader. It's a mixer, not a MIDI controller.

If you're only referring to the M101 crossfader, then (because you only have audio from VDJ coming into one channel) fading to the other channel will not allow you to hear the other deck - there's no audio from VDJ on that channel.

Mensajes Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 4:43 am
ClubDJ 77 wrote :
The usb/phono/line switch is only on one side (right) and its just phono/line switch on the other side.

Well you've answered your own question there. That mixer clearly only has one USB stereo audio channel.

You can set the VDJ master output to play through the M101, but you'll have to mix using the mouse/keyboard and onscreen mixer.

When you say the crossfader doesn't work, I'm guessing that you mean the virtual (on screen) crossfader doesn't move when you move the M101 crossfader. That's as it should be. The M101 will not control the VDJ crossfader. It's a mixer, not a MIDI controller.

If you're only referring to the M101 crossfader, then (because you only have audio from VDJ coming into one channel) fading to the other channel will not allow you to hear the other deck - there's no audio from VDJ on that channel.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. :)
I guess instead of using a laptop I'll just use cd's in the cdj's.
Thanks

Mensajes Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 9:36 pm
When you save up enough money, you could purchase VDJ Pro and a suitable soundcard to run that mixer, and the cdj's with Timecode:-)

Mensajes Sat 31 Aug 13 @ 1:30 am
Yep, lots of ways to do it! Get yourself a cheap controller like a Mixtrack Pro that has a built in sound card. You could plug the output of that into the M101 so you could still use the M101 for your mic and to connect CD players.

Mensajes Sat 31 Aug 13 @ 4:45 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)