Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Warble Scratch sound and pitch-crazy Timecodes

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys, I've called VDJ about this issue 3 times over the past month and have not received a phone call back. I figured would see if anyone here could help. I'll break it down into 2 parts.

Part 1:

Current set-up:

VMS4 (original with latest firmware, confirmed by American Audio) and Mac Book Pro (10.7.5) running VDJ (7.4)

This problem developed about 6 months ago, before that it was preforming great. Every time i use the jog wheels to scratch, it sounds distorted and "Warbly" (almost squeaky). Some other people with different midi controllers with this problem said it was the Default Scratch Latency, that you needed to increase it. I tried it, and even at 4096, it still sounds the same.

Part 2:

About a week ago, I wanted to add some CD players to my set-up. I purchased 2 Brand-new Denon sc-3900's and they are working great on their own. However, when I attempt to use VDJ's time codes with them, the pitch is constantly increasing and decreasing randomly all the time and will not keep steady. Even if you disable pitch, the problem persists. They are on Hybrid-Midi mode, and have a good signal (says the timecode configuration).

Also, when you also attempt to scratch with CD players, they also sound distorted/"warbly"/squeaky with the time codes (while running a regular CD, they scratch just fine). I even attempted to use time codes with a fully-working Technics MK1500, and a Stanton STR8-150 and the pitch acted in the same manner. I haven't really experienced any other problems regarding the CD players, like some mentioned with the sc3900's.

Thanks for your time, and I hope we can find a permeant solution quick. I have a few gigs coming up and I really hate it when i have to tip-toe around a problem.

Mensajes Sun 29 Sep 13 @ 4:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just a quick question regarding the SC3900s - have you tried them in full MIDI mode using a separate sound card (rather than their built in ones)?

With regards to the timecode, can you try checking the option 'disable clear sound' and see if that improves your pitch situation?

Mensajes Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 6:04 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)