Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Volume Issues - Help ASAP

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

OPTIKUKPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi all,

Am using a Numark Mixtrack pro II along wth VDJ Pro and I feel that the volume is not as loud as it used to be on my PA system.

I had a Hercules MP3 controller with a numark mixer before i got the Mixtrack Pro.

Any suggestions welcome ASAP as I am DJing tonight!

Mensajes Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 1:33 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
But your license dont show like pro ,its extrange ho!!!!!!happy new year you better buy you license before you request any help!!!!

Mensajes Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 7:22 pm
Just added my licence! Any help on this volume issue?

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 9:19 am
The output level of each sound card depends on the manufacturer and whether it is designed for consumer or professional use.

If you were previously using the Hercules MP3, then this does not have its own built-in sound card, so you must have been using another such as your computer's own built-in sound card or an external card such as Numark DJIO.

If you were going through a hardware mixer before, then this will have a professional level output and is also able to raise the gain of its inputs in hardware to a suitable level (Preferably 0dB with the level meters in the green) before sending them to its master output and your PA system.

If you are plugging a Mixtrack Pro directly into the your PA system, this will be outputting a consumer grade USB output.

The solutions are:

(1) Turn the master volume up on the Mixtrack Pro (NOTE: Do not increase the gains on the Mixtrack Pro to try to compensate because these are software gains (Via VirtualDJ's built-in software mixer) and cannot exceed 0dB. Too much gain will result in excessive triggering of VirtualDJ's built-in limiter resulting in a 'pumping' sound. Digital sound cannot exceed 0dB.)

(2) Plug the Mixtrack Pro into your Numark hardware mixer (If you still have it) and then plug this into your PA system. You can then raise the hardware gain for the channel on the mixer to compensate for the lower output level. This will also allow you to plug in an additional backup device such as an iPod. If you are playing out live, you should always have a suitable backup that you can fall back on in an emergency.

(3) Purchase a professional grade external sound card and use this instead of the sound card in the Mixtrack Pro. Your VirtualDJ Pro allows you to use any sound card or you own choice will continuing to use the Mixtrack Pro as a MIDI controller only.

Mensajes Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 9:34 am
Thanks for the detailed information! Found it easier to understand about the issue!

What professional external sound cards would you recommend?

Mensajes Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 9:56 am
Numark DJIO is a popular choice and according to their website has an output level of +2dBV (Consumer devices are normally -10dBV)

You can also create a new topic on this subject for recommendations from other users who are using other professional grade sound cards.

Mensajes Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 10:15 am
I'll have a look at that one, and also will see what other users are using and what they think is a good card.

Thanks for your help! Very useful!

Mensajes Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 10:21 am
So after talking to a couple of people on here, I have gone for the Numark DJIO.

I have installed it using the DVD, but im still not sure how to connect it all up to my amp & mixtrack. What configurations do you have to do in the VDJ settings?

Mensajes Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 9:01 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)