Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Mapping Question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey, Im very new to mapping so my knowledge is very basic. What im looking to do is to create a filter kill switch, essentially exactly the same thing as an EQ kill. Ive already mapped the filter to a knob, that was easy, but what i want to do now is map a button on my controller to deactivate the knob and return the filter to 50% allowing me to move the knob around with out activating the filter. I've been able to map a button that returns the filter to 50% but when I move the knob to a different position the filter reactivates. What im describing is pretty much just an on/off switch for the filter. I would also like the LED to turn on when filter kill mode is activated. Thanks for the help.

Mensajes Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 12:42 am
it's not that easy to do with the stock filter but you can do it with a shift. the downside is that you won't see the knob position reflected on screen when you have the filter off.

button
toggle 'filterOff' & var 'filterOff' ? filter 50% & off : on

knob
var 'filterOff' ? filter 50% : filter

if you register your version of VDJ Pro you can download SBDJ's great filter plugin that sounds infinitely better that the stock one.

Mensajes Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 2:30 am
Actually, I've done this... Using my Denon MC6000

pretty simple actually...
Just map any button to
"filter_activate"
this turns it on and off and you can still see the slider move when it's deactivated.
as a bonus, I added a button in my skin to show that it's on or off

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:52 pm
Deco_d1PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hey guys

I have been trying to map out a simple midi controller that would work with my DDJ wego and so far I have the basic functions working but for I can't get the jug wheel to scratch and change fx parameters, also can't get the hot cues to reset while holding down the shift button; I have tried with the scripts and verbs provided by vdj but maybe I'm doing something wrong. If you have done a custom or simple midi wrapper and could help me out I'd appreciated. Thanks!!!

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Post your command (the hot cue one) and I'll see if I can help.

Mensajes Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:51 am
sorry for taking so long to post my commands

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:52 pm
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="SIMPLE_MIDI" author="Atomix Productions" description="Simple MIDI wrapper" version="704" date="24/05/2014" priority="-10">
<map value="0-11" action="pause ? blink 1000ms &amp; play_pause : cue ? blink 1000ms &amp; play_pause : var_equal &quot;$cueON&quot; 1 ? blink 1000ms : play ? on &amp; play_pause" />
<map value="0-12" action="loaded ? cue ? on &amp; cue_stop : play ? on &amp; cue_stop : blink 500ms &amp; cue_stop" />
<map value="6-CC7" action="deck 1 eq_high" />
<map value="6-CC11" action="eq_mid" />
<map value="6-CC15" action="eq_low" />
<map value="6-CC19" action="deck 1 level" />
<map value="6-84" action="deck 1 pfl" />
<map value="6-70" action="deck 1 load" />
<map value="6-CC1" action="headphone_mix" />
<map value="4-67" action="var $myshift ? deck 1 effect select : deck 1 effect 1 active" />
<map value="4-68" action="var $myshift ? deck 1 effect select : deck 1 effect 2 active" />
<map value="4-69" action="var $myshift ? deck 1 effect select : deck 1 effect 3 active" />
<map value="4-66" action="var_equal &quot;fxKey&quot; 1 ? on &amp; key 0 &amp; set &quot;fxKey&quot; 0 : off &amp; set &quot;fxKey&quot; 1" />
<map value="4-70" action="deck 1 var_equal &quot;fxFilter&quot; 1 ? on &amp; filter 50% &amp; set &quot;fxFilter&quot; 0 : off &amp; set &quot;fxFilter&quot; 1" />
<map value="6-CC31" action="crossfader" />
<map value="0-CC0" action="deck 1 pitch &amp; master_tempo" />
<map value="0-46" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : hot_cue 1" />
<map value="0-47" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 2 play_stop : hot_cue 2" />
<map value="0-48" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 3 play_stop : hot_cue 3" />
<map value="0-49" action="deck 1 var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 3 ? sampler 4 play_stop : hot_cue 4" />
<map value="6-CC64" action="param_greater 50% ? browser_scroll -1 : browser_scroll +1" />
<map value="0-CC19" action="deck 1 loop ? param_invert &amp; param_smaller 12% ? loop 0.125 ? nothing : loop 0.125 : param_smaller 24% ? loop 0.25 ? nothing : loop 0.25 : param_smaller 36% ? loop 0.5 ? nothing : loop 0.5 : param_smaller 48% ? loop 1 ? nothing : loop 1 : param_smaller 60% ? loop 2 ? nothing : loop 2 : param_smaller 72% ? loop 4 ? nothing : loop 4 : param_smaller 84% ? loop 8 ? nothing : loop 8 : loop 16 ? nothing : loop 16 : nothing" />
<map value="0-20" action="deck 1 loop" />
<map value="6-65" action="set $myshift while_pressed" />
<map value="0-89" action="play_mode &apos;mode&apos; " />
<map value="0-54" action="deck 1 touchwheel_touch " />
</mapper>

Mensajes Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:53 pm
the default mapper has the jog effect function. Register and you will be able to use the latest version that has it built in. The hot cue is

1 | var 'mode' 3 ? 
2 | --->sampler 1 play_stop :
3 | var '$myshift' ?
4 | --->delete_cue 1 :
5 | hot_cue 1

use this in your mapping
[size=11]var 'mode' 3 ? sampler 1 play_stop : var '$myshift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1
created by synthet1c
[/size]

Mensajes Thu 29 May 14 @ 2:39 am
I am trying to use my akai LPD 8 to trigger my samples in vdj8. In version 7 I was able to do this quite easily. I cant figure out how to map this. Has anyone tried this yet?

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:10 pm
Please do not repeatedly post the same message.

Also it is not good forum etiquette to hijack someone elses thread with your own unrelated question.

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:46 pm
Apologies I am new to forms, I meant no harm

Mensajes Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:23 pm
I have just tried some mapping with my LPD8.

It's quite easy. When your LPD8 is connected, you should see it listed in the config/controllers area, on the left. It shows as LPD8 (custom mapping).

You then have to assign keys and actions. Pad 1 is called 0-BUTTON24 and I assigned an action of sampler_play_stop 1. Knob 1 is called 0-SLIDER56 and I assigned an action of sampler_volume 1 to control the volume of pad one.

....and so on. Once you've done a couple, you can do the rest by editing the XML file which gets created in the Mappers folder. Copy/paste the lines and just change the numbers.

Mensajes Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 1:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SIMPLE MIDI mappings will have to be redone in version 8. so as Groovin mentioned, map a couple of buttons in order the SIMPLE_MIDI_numbers blah blah.xml file is generated in Mappers folder, and copy-paste your the lines with the actions from your old mapper to the new one.

Mensajes Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 4:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)