Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Volume changes

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi all,
Sometimes when i am doing an event i need to play using the playlist function while i help set up any tribute artists and singers that i have booked to work with.
Last month i changed my laptop and ever since using exactly the same settings as my old one, on some songs when the merge point between the two tracks comes up the volume shoots up for a fraction of a second then back down to normal, just as if someone has quickly grabbed a fader and moved it to full then back again, plugging everything into my old laptop which is now my backup everything plays correctly, no changes in volume.

Old laptop:
Samsung r540, core i3 4gb ram, 500gb hd, intel HD3000 graphics

New laptop
Acer V337 core i5 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive intel HD4000 graphics

Both running windows 7 professional 64 bit and music is on a 1tb WD usb drive.

Any ideas ???

Mensajes Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 10:05 am
djpaulm-72 wrote :
using exactly the same settings as my old one

Are you sure about that? You're referring to the settings in VDJ?

Is the version of VDJ the same on both systems?

At a guess I'd say that you're hearing the effect of the limiter which is built in to VDJ now. Check that the limiter settings are the same on both computers. Also check that autogain (if you're using it) is set to the same setting.

Doers it only do this when using the playlist (i.e. does it work OK when mixing manually)?

Mensajes Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 10:34 am
Yep, the same VDJ settings i know it can't be exactly the same s the old lappy as its a different spec (plus being a pc tech for 12 years helps me do things others wouldn't ) and the same version, limiter it off on both and autogain is the same

Yep it only does it on playlists with some songs not when mixing manual.

This is the 3rd laptop ive used since ive had vdj and the only one that has had this problem

Mensajes Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 10:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am surprised how a Limited Edition may provide Playlists and Automix :)

I will try to provide a possible explanation of your issue.
VirtualDJ has by default autoGain set to Auto+Remember. If that is the case with you, then apparently the songs you try to load on Playlist and use Automix will use the last value of gain you have set. So if for any reason, you have increased the gain of a song last time you played it, then it will use that value whne the song gets loaded with automix.

another possible cause, is that the songs you are trying to use with Automix have not been analyzed, so the songs will start playing at the original recorded level, and when the song is fully loaded, the gain will go back to the zero db value.

Mensajes Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 1:29 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
some users in the german forum have the same or similar issue. What happens if a track that is set to auto and remember and you change the gain manually during the song is playing. Does vdj store the point of changing the gain ( for example at 1.42 min gain has been increased ?)
Never tried this before...?

Mensajes Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 8:16 am
djdad wrote :
I am surprised how a Limited Edition may provide Playlists and Automix :)

Yeah, how does that work? Which version of the software are you using? You are listed as a limited edition user, but that version does not provide playlist and automix.

Mensajes Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 2:28 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)