Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: laptop question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

so i'm using a old laptop that has this spec amd turon 64 x2 @ 1.8ghz & ati express 1100 & 2gb ddr2 - with pioneer wego1

my questions are

1) good enough to run virtualdj (only music, no video) smoothly?
2) do i need a 5.1 sound card to run headphone cuing? i've tried using advanced config setting for master @ ch1/2 and headphone @ ch3/4 but not getting headphone sound.

thanks

Mensajes Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 8:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The specs you state are just about sufficient for audio only you may run into 100% cpu usage using a dsp effect (distortion is the one that sometimes does it for me)

As for your sound card issue are you sure you have a line out and a headphone out?, mine has mic line in and headphone out,

I'd have a look at windows volume mixer/control panel and any sound software like realtek or creative dependant on what you have.
Also I'd try swapping 1&2 to cueing and 3&4 for master out just to check.

but you can pick up a cheap usb soundcard for your headphone output (less than $15US £10GBP)

Mensajes Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 12:10 pm

Mensajes Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 1:07 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I use a P4 with 4Gb RAM running XP for a backup, works fine for audio with effects. It even does karaoke with no issues. I would look at adding some ram to that laptop you have. Make sure there is nothing extra running on it, a fresh install from a Microsoft CD would be best if possible.

My netbook with an Atom processor also runs the same stuff smoothly. Again, 4gb RAM with a fresh install.

Mensajes Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 4:29 pm
got it to work with groovindj's link, thanks. the effects does not cause lag, only scanning files bpm causes lag. i may have to get few more ram if i can find out the correct one.

Mensajes Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 11:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)