Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Cuing Music With Syba Laptop USB Audio Adapter

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I was just reading the wiki about cueing music in VDJ on a laptop PC with a USB audio adapter or external sound card. When I did a search for such a device on Amazon the #1 top seller was the "Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS" for only $6.49 (USD)! Wow, that price seems way too low.

I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone uses this item and what your thoughts are, or if you can recommend any other options.

I'm a firm believer in the phrase "you get what you pay for" so I always wonder when something is priced so low.

Mensajes Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 5:41 pm
That price is about right for a basic cheap stereo USB sound card and will be adequate for basic use.

However, for live DJ performance, you should preferably purchase a good quality multi-channel DJ sound card such as Numark DJIO.

Mensajes Sat 05 Apr 14 @ 10:11 am
vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Thank you for that Numark suggestion. It's a little pricer than what I'd like (currently $79.95 USD on Amazon) and in the review section several people complain about Numark customer service.

Do you think the Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface might be just as good? It's only $29.95 and has a 4.5 rating from customers. The UCA222 is the same price... other than a red body it appears to be the same as the 202.

Sound quality is important so if the Numark produces much better sound I guess I would go with that. But of course, I like to save money also! :)

Mensajes Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 8:46 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I picked up a used Tracktor Audio 6 from Guitar Center's website in the used gear section. They offer a 30-day return on anything not working properly. I paid the same as the DJIO is new, shipped to my house. I was then able to transfer all the registration over to me including the license for Traktor Scratch Pro. Don't be afraid of used gear with a warranty.
You can even add a service plan to your purchase.

Mensajes Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 10:09 pm
vjboy wrote :
Behringer UCA202

The UCA222 is the same price.

Those two Behringer products are just stereo interfaces.

No good for DJs because you need a stereo channel for master output and another for cueing - which the DJIO has. It's designed for DJ use.

It'd also be wise to purchase something ASIO compatible, which will reduce latency. Like you said, you get what you pay for.

Mensajes Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 4:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)