Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Need help with headphone cueing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
UPDATE: I think I solved this problem by switching skins to MFF VJ 8.5 which has the PFL buttons. Now I am able to select which deck I want to hear in my headphones. This skin also has a phones volume knob so all is now well. :)

I guess the moral of this story is that I should have troubleshooted the issue a little more before posting... sorry! And I should also get around to creating my own skin!

Hi everyone, I just read this wiki on how to use headphones and a second sound card to cue music:

https://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/Blulite/blogs/4511/Headphone_Setup_and_Usage_Guide.html

But I'm still having problems. Here is my setup: Laptop PC with C Media USB Sound Adapter

In VDJPro sound settings I have Headphones/Master: First Card, Headphones: Second Card

Then in the top sound card box I have Speakers/Headphones (Sigma Tel High Def Audio Codec)... this is the only option that would output the sound to my system

In the bottom box I have Speakers (C-Media USB Audio Device)

(Note: I use VDJ to mix music videos using the VALEMIX 2.0 skin)

In the above setup I am able to play a video on Deck 1 and the sound is heard in my main room system. I am also able to play a video on Deck 2 while Deck 1 is playing and the sound only goes through my headphones so I can cue it. All good so far. The problem is when I mix over from Deck 1 to Deck 2... the Deck 2 audio is heard through both the main system and my headphones. I am not able to hear or cue music on Deck 1 through the headphones.

So I must be missing something in the proper set-up. Any suggestions? The wiki mentions the use of PFL but I don't see that option in the skin I'm using. If I need that does anyone know of a video skin that has PFL?

A related question: the volume through the headphones is very loud. Is there any way to control the headphone volume level within VDJ? Again, I don't see this option in the skin I am using.

Mensajes Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 9:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)