Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VDJ8 Custom Button Question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Since the "pitch lock" was removed on version 8, I created a custom button called "LOCK" and assigned the function "pitch_lock" to it. Works fine, however, it randomly turns off. I basically like it on almost at all times. Is there a way to turn the button on "on track load" or something of the sort?

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:07 pm
vdbocPRO (legacy)Member since 2013
See the message I posted here titled "VirtualDJ 8 - Two Usability Issues." In that message, I give a solution to this problem.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 3:19 pm
When I do a search for your post, only this post comes up. Do you have a link or even better, the solution? Thanks so much!

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:09 pm
In this Tech Support Forum. Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:51 am. Title: "VirtualDJ 8 - Two Usability Issues". Item #1 addresses the problem you describe.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:44 pm
Ok, I found your post and thank you... seems like a compromising solution to me. The original pitch lock button should be there as I'm willing to bet, most users want it. I was thinking a good solution, also would be to custom map the load button, to load the song & pitch lock at the same time... problem with that is I prefer to drag the song over since my hand is already there typing. Anyone know function language required to enable pitch lock every time a song is loaded?

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:14 pm
pitch_lock should remain active.

Do you happen to have autoBPMMatch set to yes? If you do change it to no.
Does that resolve the issue of it switching itself off?

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:21 pm
It does NOT remain active in ver8, unlike previous versions. With resetPitchOnLoad enabled, pitch_lock resets to 'off' every time a track is loaded. Ideally ver8 could be fixed to work the way previous versions did. Otherwise, the work-around I detail in my post is a way to get by.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 6:47 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
pitch_lock should remain active.

Do you happen to have autoBPMMatch set to yes? If you do change it to no.
Does that resolve the issue of it switching itself off?

I changed it to no, and still, whenever a track is loaded, pitch_lock turns off and If I don't look (like look at the crowd and interact) and miss the turning the button back on, I train wreck as soon as I move the pitch faders. I really need it to stay on.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:27 pm
vdboc wrote :
It does NOT remain active in ver8, unlike previous versions. With resetPitchOnLoad enabled, pitch_lock resets to 'off' every time a track is loaded. Ideally ver8 could be fixed to work the way previous versions did. Otherwise, the work-around I detail in my post is a way to get by.

I did your suggestion and does keep the pitch_lock activated... seems ok. I appreciate it and thank you! Honestly, though, I really think VDJ developers should look into this. resetPitchOnLoad enabled should NOT have to be enabled to work with pitch_lock.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:34 pm
Actually, the more I play with it, the more I realize I may be wrong. Seems like I no longer have to move the fader a little to match the other fader. (as I did in vdj7) It's already lined up and ready to move.... perhaps this is actually an improvement the more I look at it.

Mensajes Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)