Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: autovolume

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, is there any functionality in either VDJ 7 or 8 (I have both) that allow a rough matching of volumes? i.e an autovolume detector or something

Thanks
Jason

Mensajes Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 1:52 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Automatic gain control (AGC)

It actually makes more problems than it solves, bass effects the output level many times more than treble, so bassless parts will play too loud.
Also the volume variation of a track is part of the performance, 'normalising' it makes it sound less interesting

AGC can work for scratching in a limited way but I don't think there is a practical cover all solution

If you can find a VST compressor and a notch filter you might have some success, but it's hit and miss.

Mensajes Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 8:26 pm
OK I see. Is then possible when perfomring an automix to have pre listened to all the songs and to manually set a volume or gain for each song and have it remembered for the mix?
thanks

Mensajes Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:59 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes there is a option for "autogain" set that to auto and remember,

Mensajes Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 3:27 am
Locodog looks as if he's referring to an over enthusiastic compressor, which VDJ does not have.

VDJ is fitted with a limiter on the output, which prevents overload.

There is also an optional "maximizer" which will (in theory) keep the levels of your tracks in the same ball park. It does this by changing their playback level - but not in real time, so there will be no audio pumping as can happen with compression.

I think there's currently an issue with this when using automix.

Mensajes Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 4:41 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)