Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pioneer ddj-SX - Pads not working properly

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys,

On both version 7 and 8 - pads on the DDJ-SX are not working correctly - worst is the slicer which just has the whole eight pads flickering with lights any suggestions??

Mensajes Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 7:13 pm
You have probably changed the step size of the slicer to its minimum value.

In VirtualDJ 8, click on the effect slot of the skin and then click the cog wheel next to Slicer to show its parameters. Check the setting of Step Size and Length. The default is 1 beat for Step Size and 1/2 beat for Length.

Mensajes Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 12:56 pm
Sorry for seeming a little stupid - but this is a brand new unit and I have just loaded up the software as advise - I have not changed any settings or anything though?

Mensajes Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 7:41 pm
You may have changed them by accident if the effect is selected and you used the effect parameter knobs (Or knocked them by accident.)

Please check them as above to ensure that they are on the original default.

Also, make sure that you are using the default native mapper rather than a custom one (If a custom is installed, then it may be conflicting.) In v8, you can choose the mapper in the Mapping: drop-down list in the CONTROLLERS section.

NOTE: The slicer in VirtualDJ v7 is not perfect because it does not natively have a Slicer plugin and it's emulated as best as possible using complex VDJscript. VirtualDJ v8 has a native slicer plugin which the DDJ-SX is mapped to use.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 1:14 pm
Thanks for the reply - it doesn't seem they are changed. And I'm using the version 8 and have selected the controller ddj-sx mapping but it still is not working

Mensajes Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You should choose the "factory default" mapping and not any other. Most likely the other one is a version 7 custom mapping file which may not work as expected with version 8.
If no "factory default" is offered in the mapping list, then most likely the unit is not properly detected

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 11:49 am
Ok thanks for the update - so should I refer to factory settings and then reload just selecting the mappings?

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)