Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help To Learn Mapping

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

YoyoBobPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi,
I have used different versions of Virtual DJ for a few years now, but have only just started to experiment with mapping my controller. When I bought Virtual DJ 8 I never got a Mapping instruction manual (which I have only heard mentioned in this forum). Where could I get this manual, or other beginner tutorials for it? Also, is it possible to write all the mapping i need to do in a script (some sort of text doc), or do I have to enter all the code into the little one line space provided inside Virtual DJ's Settings/Mapping?
Thanks,
YoyoBob

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 12:20 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller_Definition.html

Working from scratch;
I think to begin with you have to use a text editor (np++ is good)
I don't know how midi works but for HID you use the HID trace program to find out what button/slider changes which bit/bytes
you then define these buttons in a definition file out side VDJ ( you give a name to a collection of bits , bit 8 size 8 = 'any name you want, deck1Vol')
then you link these names to a VDJ command in your mapping file inside or outside VDJ
deck1Vol = deck 1 level

Adapting an existing mapping
Can be done on a text editor, but inside VDJ 'learn action' button helps a lot to start with.

This is a very rough explanation

Mensajes Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:01 am
HI WOULD ANYBODY BE ABLE TO GIVE ME THE MAPPING TO MIXTRACK QUAD???? AT THE MOMENT I CAN ONLY CONTROL TWO DECKS INSTEAD OF ALL FOUR

Mensajes Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 3:04 pm
Hello,

sorry but obody will send you mapping files from the download area. Your verion of VirtualDJ has already native support for your devie so there is no need to install any mapping. (they will not work cause you can't chaange mappings in the LE version)

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 12:11 am
Hercules DJ Console RMX and Virtual DJ Pro 7 - I just installed everything on a new laptop and the mapping seems to be off on the 1-6 buttons. I liked how it was set up on my old laptop (default settings) The 1-3 controlled the effects. 1 and 3 arrowed up and down between the effects and 2 performed the effect. The 4-6 controlled the loops. The 4 extended the loop and the 6 shortened the loop and the 5 started the loop. Can anyone help me with the mapping?

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:49 pm
Pm me, I'm happy to help a fellow canadian

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)