Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Wedding Day reception

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been asked to do the music for a Wedding Day reception only and I was wondering what type of music to play,most of the bride and bridegroom's music has been sorted but was wondering the type of music for the guests which will consist of family and friends and the ages range from 9 to 70ish,so would I be safe with 60's,70's,80's and the odd new chart stuff which is similar to music that is played at a New Years Eve/Birthday party? and obviously avoiding all depressing songs and songs not fitting for the occasion ie divorce and heartbreak songs.

I have been to a few wedding receptions and some of the music tbh is pretty dire but each to their own but I guess that is what most music is played at weddings and Birthdays from my experience and as their is a cross section of ages on this forum was wondering what your experiences of music that was played at your wedding or birthday party?

The music will be played via a PC and I have some experience but not with wedding receptions.

Any help would be much appreciated. :-)

Mensajes Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 8:13 pm
Anyone help with this? Any ideas at all?

:-(

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 3:12 am
Nobody can tell you what you should play. That's because it will depend totally on the people who attend on the day.

You can't plan in advance. You work on the fly based on who's there, what they ask for, how they're reacting to your choices.....

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 3:54 am
Thank you for your reply :-)

Would you say that playing oldies from the 60's and 70's and then work up from there? Otherwise the music will be disjointed by playing various styles?

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 11:53 am
Yes, I always start with the oldies and move up. You can look online for a "top 100" wedding songs and such.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 1:26 pm

Anyone know what the recording time limit on the recording time on VJ7 (Freebie version ) if you were to use prepared mixes done by yourselves? 1hr-2rs + ?

ie If I want to make a 60min mix using oldies/new/+ added effects VJ7 will record 60mins or whatever I choose to make it last,is that correct ?

Mensajes Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 12:22 pm
IMO you shouldn't play mixes.

You never know what the guests are going to want until the event's up & running.

You also can't expect to play something for an hour and not have anyone ask you for something else - and they usually want it playing next!

Mensajes Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 1:24 pm
The mixes will be formed by the guests requests (Which I have a list of ) so that is not a problem.

Anyone know what the recording time limit is on the VJ7? (As I asked above).

Mensajes Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 11:39 am
I don't know what the recording time is on vdj7 as I never use that feature from what I have read what you are trying to do is not djing as we know it why don't you record all the tracks you need to an external cd recorder and use a normal cd player then you don't need a computer just a remote to start and stop the tracks when needed.

Mensajes Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 7:44 am
Before you read this , this post is in no way of a slanging match but a post that hopefully will help you and many others DJ's needing a little advice. If it reads offensive to anyone then I'm very sorry but it wasn't my intention and I give you my apology.

I Started to DJ well before the computer, laptop scene. I don't disagree with the digital side of this I embrace it. The software and components are improving every year. It's the best way to carry all your tracks without the weight of records and Cd collections. Pre recording a 15 minute teaser while you go to the loo or have a smoke I agree. But pre recording a set? A professional DJ should be able to read his audience, read body language and create the correct atmosphere for the right event. If this was a case where DJ's Record their set the play them when ever they go to a gig then ask yourself this question. Would you pay for a DJ to play a pre recorded set at your event? This is what gives digital DJ's a bad name and if this the case why you call yourself a DJ ? Pass it on to someone who has experience or If you have a friend who is a professional DJ take them with with you. The skills are not something your going to pick up overnight. You need to practice and precision every detail especially for an event like the one you mention. They want a night to remember and it's up to you to provide this. Stay calm and relaxed and when you get on that microphone at the beginning introduce yourself to them, have a laugh with them, show them no fear. Don't be one of those DJ's who say two words (hello , Goodnight) . Let them know that you take request and even let them know what style your starting with. There's always someone who will come up and say could you play this? Every event is different . It's up to you to grab their attention straight from the start. If you do this you won't have any problems as regards to your playlist. I wish you all the best and good luck at your event and please let us know how you go on

Mensajes Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 7:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)