Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: beat match rather than CBG match

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am very impressed by the added features in VDJ8. I especially like the ability to use the custom buttons. I play house and techno and always found the CBG very infrequently worked properly to match the beats. After looking a the custom buttons and what you can assign to them I found a few options that match the "local" beat rather than the CBG. There are two options I found, one which allows a change in pitch and another which doesn't when it syncs (using local beat info)

I have found that with both, whils tit matches well, after about 5 beats it has unmatched. Can anyone comment on this and pass me their experience for the best way to beatmatch techno. The CBG is not good.

Is there anyway to override the CBG calculation and make it align up with the peaks in the audio trace i.e. the beats?

thanks
Jason

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 2:58 am
In my experience the CBG in 8 works well.

You may have to tweak it a little (using the BPM Editor) but once it's aligned then all should be well.

Of course whether it stays aligned throughout the track depends on the track itself. If it hasn't got a steady tempo then the CBG won't line up.

That's where the 'variable tempo' option comes in. The idea is to add extra beat grid anchors at each point where the tempo changes.

Unfortunately this is a manual process, so it's up to you to scroll carefully through the whole track and check for misaligned beats. :-(

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 3:40 am
So if I want to ignore the CBG for now and just use the beats (i.e. the peaks in the audio). Can I set bpms using this for various parts of a tune?
Thanks

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:07 am
There's only one BPM as far as VDJ is concerned. When it analyses the track, it will take an average from the actual tempo and regard that as the BPM.

Even if you were to go through the process of adding extra beat grid anchors at each variation, as far as I know VDJ does not display these changes.

Users have requested a live BPM readout........but whether Atomix will implement it or not is another matter.

One work around would be to add cue points where the tempo changes, and label them with the BPM, so you could see them on the waveform.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 6:12 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)