Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: questions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I understand the use of a 2 channel dj controller but can you explain to me in detail how people use 4 decks? I'm looking at a novation twitch and a reloop terminal mix 4...both used but being used they are in my price range. Which one would you get? Also have a question about dj'ing r&b/hip-pop ..... how is this genre art? I mean isnt it just mostly cuts?

Mensajes Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 12:28 am
You use four decks to mix four tracks. Maybe someone else can give you input on the controllers, never used either. As for R&B/HipHop, it would seem you don't think much of it, so don't play it.

Mensajes Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:04 am
TDBennett wrote :
You use four decks to mix four tracks.

In a bit more detail...

With two decks the DJ would mainly be playing one track at a time. The other deck would be kept ready for the next track.

When you have four decks, it's much easier to overlay things and play two or even three on top of each other - and still keep a deck available for the next track.

However, now that DJs have sample players alongside the decks, these can be used to overlay extra drum loops etc. so the need for four decks is reduced.

Mensajes Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:28 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)