Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Monthly Subscription Queries
1) How do you control what date your subscription payment is due? Do you set up a direct debit and can change the date to suit, or is it fixed upon when you start and download the program?

2) Presumably the program must have an internet connection to check monthly whether you have paid your subscription? What prevents you from going to a gig, having not been on the internet recently, turning on the laptop and virtual dj will not work and there is no internet connection to let it connect and see that your subscription is active?

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 6:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 I don't know

2 It doesn't work like that, you pay, log in and a licence file is created with an expiration date, there is still a very small chance of being logged out and being in a place where you have no net to log in, but the chances are very small and you'd have had to messed up in a very specific way for it to happen.

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 7:39 am
thanks

My worry is that I live mid-week away from home with no internet, and I may come home and go straight to a gig without having had my laptop on at home, so it will have been 5 days or so since it was last online! I guess I'd have to make sure I connected before I went to a gig

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 8:26 am
I'm not sure if you're asking about the subscription to Content Unlimited or the VDJ 8 Subscriber license.

They're both monthly so once you've paid your sub, you can use VDJ 8 or CU files without needing online access for a month - until your next sub is due.

You can find more info on the ins & out of how the VDJ 8 license works right here on the forum.

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 8:47 am
Thanks, you've answered my question

I mean the vdj8 licence

I'd just have to make sure that once a month (between the payment and the license expiring) I'd have to make sure I logged on to let the licence renew

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 9:06 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
You will also receive mails to every subsrciption you will make:
1. Notice that there will be a payment soon
2. notice that a payment has been made
3. confirmation of the payment
these mails will also have information about subscripion date and autorenew

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 9:09 am
Overall, the more often you can log on, the better - because VDJ 8 will have updates to the main program & the mapping (adding new controllers or tweaking existing ones).

If you're likely to be using VDJ 8 on more than one computer, you just need to be aware of which one logged in last.

Staff member djtouchdan sums it up here

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 9:21 am
cheers guys - it all becomes clear!

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 15 @ 1:06 pm
can i cancel anytime?

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 3:11 am
Yes.

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 9:22 am
1854501PRO SubscriberMember since 2015
Hi i am rying to the monthly subscription of virtualdj through my account but it keeps saying i have no items chosen etc please help

Mensajes Fri 27 Jul 18 @ 9:48 pm
Can I pay for the pro licence in portions like a lay-away payment and own it at the end of my payment, or do I have to pay in full??

Mensajes Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 12:06 pm
You pay in full. The monthly subscription is just that - it's not monthly instalments.

Mensajes Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 12:09 pm
I have a monthly subscription with vdj, I forgot to put money in this month. But now there is. Vdj sent me an email to say they couldn’t take the money so I’ve logged on gone into license and subscriptions got hold of the information but no where does it allow you to make the payment. It justs says cancel subscription or update card details. My card details are fine and showing. I’ve looked everywhere to make this months payment but can’t find anywhere where it will let me

Mensajes Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 5:17 pm
I'm sure the subscription doesn't run out on exactly the day it's supposed to. Once expired, it will let you set the subscription and debit all over again.

Mensajes Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 5:27 pm
It must've been due though, if they tried to take the money.

As kradcliffe says, there will be an overlap. Your VDJ won't become useless straight away.

Usually whoever is taking the payments will try to take it again in a few days, but it's best to contact support to let them know the money is in the account now.

Mensajes Wed 22 Apr 20 @ 8:13 pm
How do I cancel a monthly subscription?

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 22 @ 4:15 am