Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 11

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Getting this in Netsearch....

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 5:15 pm
I would also like to add some thoughts to the discussion.

I agree whole-heartedly that as a gigging DJ, you should have at least a decent sized library if you are making money at this profession. You should spend time acquiring tracks that entertain the people you are hired to perform for.

That being said, having Content Unlimited is one of the biggest selling points of Virtual DJ in my opinion. None of the other two main software providers, Serato and Traktor, have this type of service available. It can be a game-changing asset to have at your fingertips during a gig. I know this because I have benefited from the service. And in a business that is as increasingly competitive as DJing, you need every advantage you can have to help you stay on top.

Now I'm not saying you should rely on CU as a crutch to prop up your game. Quite the contrary. I am saying that on top of a well-curated library, having a tool like Content Unlimited can give you a very cool edge. Let me share a couple of scenarios from my own experience.

One gig I did had multiple DJs sharing the night. As I was about to go on, a customer asked the current DJ for a particular song. He didn't have it. Well, honestly, neither did I, but as he was searching his library for the track, I quietly typed it into, CU, found the track, downloaded it to my cache, and was able to fulfill the request. Advantage, me! Lol.

The other experience I want to share revolves around my main weekly gig. It is at a bar in town that has a very diverse crowd. We get everyone from Rockers to Punks to Suits to Bike Messengers to Service Industry folks...I mean just about every type of person in town. And In the 4 years I have been there, the owners have given me complete freedom to play whatever I want. And in that atmosphere you can imagine the varied amount of requests I get. Content Unlimited has allowed me to cater to a very diverse clientèle without having to purchase songs that i may never play again. That to me is worth the price. And I feel like that is a service that no other DJ software can touch.

I was sad to lose this service, as I really enjoyed the ease of use it afforded me. Now, until it gets sorted, I will most likely subscribe to a pool. I will never stop loving Virtual DJ. It is by far the best software out there as far as features, sound quality and customization.

Hope it gets fixed soon. Still going to rock my gigs without it!!!

DJ Paul H

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 5:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Cableraker wrote :

As said earlier in the thread, this is a new issue and we are working on it :)

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 6:07 pm
iamsongPRO InfinityMember since 2013
kradcliffe wrote :

We'd all be screwed because without their servers to log in to the software would be rendered useless.

I have always had backup software from an alternate provider ready to play.

People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan....

Cheers!

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 6:56 pm
Cableraker wrote :

As said earlier in the thread, this is a new issue and we are working on it :)

Just wondering if there is an ETA. Thanks! :)

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:01 pm
iamsongPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Cableraker wrote :
Content Unlimited has allowed me to cater to a very diverse clientèle without having to purchase songs that i may never play again.

This is exactly what I meant in my rant/post. It's a perfect tool to fill the gaps. I'm doing a wedding this weekend in the middle of nowhere. Neither wired or mobile Internet available. If I relied on CU and happened to lose my authorization...

Enough posting on this thread for me - I'll watch from the bleachers now.

Cheers!

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:04 pm
IMPORTANT

yes netSearch was not working again today.
We just released new versions (v8.b2245 and v7.4.4) that fix the issue.

Please download the new version if you want to use netSearch.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:19 pm
IMPORTANT

yes netSearch was not working again today.
We just released new versions (v8.b2245 and v7.4.4) that fix the issue.

Please download the new version if you want to use netSearch.

Unfortunately this does not seem to have solved the problem - for me at least. Now it just keeps telling me it has been updated and asks if I want to use the new version, I say yes and it loops. I even completely re-installed the software.

Video of the issue: http://screencast.com/t/dN65IXeULkm1

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:30 pm

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
mfalcone1 wrote :
Now it just keeps telling me it has been updated and asks if I want to use the new version, I say yes and it loops. I even completely re-installed the software.

Probably something wrong happened with the auto-update, (e.g.file not downloaded properly),.
For anyone having similar issue, better check Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache folder and delete any temp virtualdj file from there.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:42 pm
YES!!!!!

Netsearch working again!!!!

Thank you to all at Atomix! With everything going on, you guys still deliver!

Paul H

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:54 pm
cpgeekPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Any News on Karaoke content Unlimited working in version8?

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:17 pm
ogiedoggControlleristMember since 2010
Thank You Atomix and Virtual DJ...You guys Rock...

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:23 pm
cpgeek wrote :
Any News on Karaoke content Unlimited working in version8?

Karaoke and Video ContentUnlimited have not been affected by any of this and still work.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:24 pm
stylin91 wrote :
NetSearch is down for me. Anyone else having these issues?

I installed the newest version of 7 and Netsearch doesn't work for me either....all reads "error".

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:28 pm
I have version 7.4.4.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:31 pm
Can you give an example of a track that doesn't load please?

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:36 pm
I am not getting any songs I search for.....all I get is 1 file named "devicesupport".....???

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:46 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
lopez1136 wrote :
I am not getting any songs I search for.....all I get is 1 file named "devicesupport".....???

Have you updated to build 2245?

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 10:10 pm
ok i think we have established by now that Grooveshark is no longer with us here on virtualdj .... It seems we still have NetSearch my question is what is NetSearch why does this seem to carry on without law suits? Its been with us for a long time but we are told not to depend on it. why is that ? is it because this is also not legal in the same way Grooveshark was operating. i have to be honest i know nothing about NetSearch it just seems to be there and we all except it ..Some members are pointing out that Netsearch is also not working for them so is this going to end up being a thing of the past in providing this service from VDJ. Personally im not happy with the way VDJ has handled this problem. instead of putting a notice in a forum it should of been front page news on the home page instead of a video of how good and how to use VDJ. All paid up music subscription members using VDJ pro deserve to be informed (possibly by automated email) of this issue regardless of dj's using it as there only source of music or dj's just using it for the occasional request. We have all paid and should be treated with customer services respect. I have had a request for payment for this month but as it says we would not be charged and so far nothing has gone from my account BUT i have also had an invoice for payment in AUGUST 2015 Whats that all about? Is this how long they think its going to take..... I recently chose and purchased VDJ pro because i thought it was established so also added service of the music. This is what won my choice so i can get music when i wanted it making my business strong. AND YES i do run my disco as a registered business... If i had known that the whole VDJ setup was a bit shaky i would have gone elsewhere and i will also add VDJ is one of the most expensive. ..

Mensajes Thu 07 May 15 @ 3:06 am
45%