Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Still Trying To Learn

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ss2274Home userMember since 2015
I'm still trying to learn to sound like a dj with smooth mixes. I just want to make sure I'm doing things right. Herew is what I'm doing so far. I have played a track.(by the way I'm mixing trance) and I will play it through maybe here and there I will throw in some of by beats that I have written at the break and do na bit of sampling till the break is over and the go back to the heart of the track. Then there are times that just as a breakdown I will instantly drop a track in from a specified cue point. Then there are time at the end of a track where I will simply play a loop and mix in the next track from there. One of the big problems that I have is, it seems that i just simply don't have time to find a track and and cue it up, it seems that breakdown comes before I can find and cue up the next track. doing all the above i just seems like things happen before I can get things done....now here is where I'm hoping you guys can help me. As everything I mentioned am I mixing correctly any suggestions on how I can make this process smoother or even quicker? can you suggest anything that I'm not doing or that can even add more to my mixing to add more creativity?

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 11:11 pm
While your playing the other track, use your headphones to get the other track set up, and either slowly bring. In the next song, so the music doesn't stop. I find songs and match the bpm's so that the music flows, when bringing in the next song.This is why dj's usually have one headphones on with the other off, so they can hear the music playing, but also be getting the next track set up and getting it started to bring it in. But virtual also has an automatic setting and will sync the beats and fade from one to the next, so if you ever feel you don't have time or need to leave the set for something this is always an option. All you have to do is create the playlist.

Mensajes Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 3:05 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)