Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Crossfader issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I recently upgraded to 8.2 and now have an issue when I move the pitch sliders it moves the crossfader as well. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

Mensajes Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 10:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Probably an incorrect action assigned to the Pitch faders.
Please verify that the Pitch faders work as expected if the "factory default" mapping is selected from VirtualDJ Settings->CONTROLLERS tab
Then you can edit your custom mapping using the same action as the default one (action : pitch)

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 12:04 am
I reinstalled the software and still got the same issue. I then reset back to factory default and still have the saame issue.

Got a response from support as follows:
Please be so kind and delete the setting.xml and license.dat from Username/Documents/VirtualDJ
As well please the change log XML file under Username/Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache

I'll try that later today after work, but not sure what they mean by:
change log XML file under Username/Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache

Any ideas what exactly that change will be? Do I delete log XML file?

Have asked support to confirm, but no answer as yet

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 10:48 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It's likely that English is not the support engineer's primary language, so there was a little bit of information which was lost in translation.

Here's what you should do:

- Close VDJ if it's open.
- Within your \Documents\VirtualDJ folder, delete the license.dat file (this is your license, so you will need to sign back in to authenticate.)
- Within your \Documents\VirtualDJ folder, RENAME your settings.xml file to settings.xml.old (I personally NEVER delete this file during troubleshooting.)
- Within your \Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache folder, delete the changelog.txt file. (Not sure why this is needed, but they suggested it.)

Also, make sure that there are no files or folders within your \Documents\VirtualDJ\Mapper or Device folders.

Re-Open VDJ, sign in, and let us know if the problem still exists.

Thanks!
Drew

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 12:02 pm
Support have just confirmed that all I need to do is:

delete the setting.xml and license.dat from Username/Documents/VirtualDJ

no other change to make

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 12:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As replied in the ticket, we have spotted an issue with the WeGO3 crossfader/pitch faders which will be fixed in the next update.
In the meantime, WeGO3 users will have to stay with 8.1 (or roll back to build 2857) in case they have updated already.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 4:36 pm
Yes here's the response from support below. Have now successfully re-installed 8.1 and all back to normal. However, it still gives me an annoying message to upgrade to 8.2 every time I open it:

Support have now confirmed I need to roll back to an earlier version of 8 i.e. 8.1

We have just spotted a bug in the mapping files which was revealed in 8.2. It has been already fixed for

the next update.

In the meantime, please roll back to 8.1 until the new update is available.

http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html (Build 2857)

Apologies for the inconvenience

Best Regards

VirtualDJ Support Team

Mensajes Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 6:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)