Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Software interaction lag

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

First of all, current config:
- VDJ 8.2.3324 (however I am experiencing issue with all builds)
--Skin: SilverSleek 2 and the default VDJ 8 skin, however, I still experience the lag on any skin
- HP laptop
--OS: Windows 10 Home (experienced issue with Windows 8. Upgraded to 10 and still having issue)
--Processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.40GHz
--RAM (installed): 4GB
--System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
--Local Disk 379GB free of 441 GB (I keep all of my music on the external drive)
--Mouse: Logitech USB Bluetooth and the built in touchpad. I experience the issue with both
--Laptop Battery was giving a warning that it's not holding charge the way it used to. I completely removed it and I am only using the plug for now. I experience the issue with and without the battery.
- Seagate SRD0NF2 4TB External Hard Drive (1.76TB free of 3.63 TB)
- Controller: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO2

When songs are loaded and playing and I hover the mouse over the browser, the signals start looking choppy. The audio still plays uninterrupted. About 1 or 2 hours into my gigs, the software starts to lag and eventually locks up on me to the point that I cannot interact with it until it "catches up" or stops whatever it's doing. The song still plays and the crowd (and staff) in the bar never notices, however, I'm going nuts hoping it comes back in time for me to search and/or transition to the next song.

I've had to decline gigs now because of this. I have tried using my 2 son's laptops. I have tried removing the external HD and playing songs off the local drive. I have tried not using the controller and just use the keyboard to control the songs. All still get the same result.

Except.... when I clear the browser, the lagging is gone. So in the meantime, I created a custom button to go to an empty virtual folder to prevent lag. That seems to work for now, but still, that's an extra unnecessary step that I shouldn't have to do.

So this baffles me because this was never an issue until recently. Which is why I tried rolling back to previous builds and I still get the lag. I've gotta be missing something.

Please help! I'm losing out on money until I can get this squared away.

Thank you in advance.

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 2:58 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You CPU is pretty low.
It is possible that this is causing your issues.

You said you are experiencing the problems with both of your mice.
Are both always connected? If you, can you try and remove the Logitech mouse. The Logitech drivers sometimes create problems.

Mensajes Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 9:12 am
I'm having a similar problem with a brand new laptop. Started about june of this year.

Laptop is a 2016 Razer Blade, I7, 16gb ram, 512 esata

When starting up there is a severe lag on the software interaction, also comes back randomly during my sets. I put in a ticket and was instructed to try deleting: setting.xml and license.dat files. This only worked until I put back my settings.

I generally run a rane 64 or djm900nxs mixer with timecodes. I have also gotten some ugly pops and crackles and nothing that I adjust with the latency settings solves it.

Mensajes Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 2:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you have installed the Rane drivers but the unit is not connected, you may experience a small lag when VirtualDJ initializes. Unfortunately at the moment, the only solution is to have the Rane drivers uninstalled and have them handy to install again when you need to use the unit.

As for the any pops and crackles you may experience, try to increase the latency using the Pioneer DJM Driver utility and see if that helps. Pioneer tends to use a very low one, which in most cases can cause performance issues

Mensajes Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 8:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)