Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Run out of free memory

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi, i have a 8gb memory laptop.
When i play videos, it's memory diminishes to "0 free memory".
Videomaxmemory is set to: automatic (974)
What to do to solve this?
grtz

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Where do you see this 0 free memory exactly, and what problems does it cause?

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 10:55 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
go to control panel
then system
the advances system settings
then performance
click "adjust for performance"
then to advanced
click virtual memory
unclick the first box
go to virtual memory
click custom
add to both boxes 16000
save and restart

then visit blackviper.com and learn about what services you can disable. esp printer, search, fax, etc

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:12 pm
I would strongly recommend against setting virtual memory manually.
Best leave this managed by windows.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:25 pm
i have had it set to no page file for years. no issues. as long as you have enough ram. windows isnt the best at managing memory, esp since hes running out. or buy another 8gb ship if your laptop supports that. easy to pop open the back and put it in. worst thing that can happen is windows will crash and default back to normal. if its video memory. disable some of the eye candy and run a more basic skin

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:38 pm
what version of windows are you running. you should open task manager (ctl-alt-del) and tell me how many services you are running.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:39 pm
windows would not give you the option to change the page file if it was that dangerous. and turn system restore off.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:41 pm
Adion wrote :

I see this in 'task manager - performance': free memory goes to or near "0".
The problem is, i have stuttering/freezing video's (in 1920-1080... 720-756 play fine).
grtz

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:41 pm
windows 10 compesses ram. consider an upgrade. its still free. if you go to askvg.com. BACKUP your tunes.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:44 pm
hh73 wrote :
what version of windows are you running. you should open task manager (ctl-alt-del) and tell me how many services you are running.

-I use windows 7.
-Aprox. 100 services runnning, the none relevant ones at the dj-session: i close them (firewall, anti-virus, etc.)

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:46 pm
hh73 wrote :
windows 10 compesses ram. consider an upgrade. its still free. if you go to askvg.com. BACKUP your tunes.

I did...but had to reverse it...due to an "unknown problem" , the win10 upgrade wasn't possible in the end.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:48 pm

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:48 pm
also turn aero them off. have no wallpapers. etc, make it as minimal as possible.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:50 pm
windows 10 is a gamble works great on one machine. a disaster on the other 2.

8.1 seems to be lighter and use less resources. and add classic shell. and metro and crap is gone. 72 services. thats before i tweaked it. now its 45

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:54 pm
@HH73

You seem obsessed with shutting down services and such, I don't think your advice is very good at all.

A Windows 7 laptop should leave pagefile to be managed by the Windows, and stopping services won't cure this particular problem. There is absolutely no need to run the machine "minimal" with no wallpaper etc.

It sounds like bad video drivers to me and people shouldn't have to optimize laptops these days, shutting down services with an 8gb laptop is not needed at all. It's not the year 2000 any more!

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:55 pm
i do this for a living. and you need to read what the pros do to their laptops to refine them for djing. its 2016 and windows is an utter mess. read toms hardware.

end

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:58 pm
anok4u2 wrote :
Adion wrote :

I see this in 'task manager - performance': free memory goes to or near "0".
The problem is, i have stuttering/freezing video's (in 1920-1080... 720-756 play fine).
grtz

Go to the processes tab then and sort the processes by memory to find out which process is actually using all your memory.

For vdj you can try to reduce the videomaxmemory to a smaller number such as 100 to see if that helps.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 1:10 pm
I tried out all possibilities mentioned above.
None actually worked.
Then took a look at my resolution.
The integrated notebook screenresolution is 1366x768.
The second video-output for the beamer/projector was originally set at 1280x800 (the recommended setting).
I changed this one to a lower setting 1280x720...stutterproblem is solved now (fingerscrossed).

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 3:23 pm
My computer skills are limited, and there are a lot of people that know more than I do. However, I know what I want, and that is a computer that can do everything, at the same time. That is what they are marketed as, and that is what I expect them to do. I don't turn off anything, and my gig machine is presently running 76 - 84 processes (I just looked, because I don't care). We are expected to do more today than yesterday; audio, video, text, twitter, content unlimited, online, ask the dj, anti-virus and the list goes on and on. Now if you have an average computer, then you will not be able to do everything. Average was not what I was looking for. I actually made up an invoice for the client this past Saturday, in Publisher, while playing and emailed it to her.

My machine runs fine with the load that I put on it, and I do not hesitate to do anything. I will only know how far I can go, if I try it. I want my computer to run like my car. I can press on the gas pedal, turn on the lights, wipers, radio, and the turn signal at the same time. Computers are made the same way.

I did not see the name of your video card, and if it had dedicated memory or not.

Mensajes Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 9:04 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)