Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: High CPU Usage Resulting In Choppy Video

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I was given an Acer Aspire 5732z laptop with a 2.2 Ghz Intel core 2 duo cpu which played choppy music videos. On investigating I found both windows update, and search services had high cpu demands. I updated the bios, installed a fresh Win 7 home premium operating system on a clean hdd, and disabled both of the services in question resulting in my music videos playing well!
Hm..

This is an informative article.. https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-svchost-exe-netsvcs-memory-leak-or-high-cpu-usage-problems/

Notes :
I've had this kind of problem before on Win 10.
I'm thinking of leaving this laptop hidden in my car as an always available backup.

Mensajes Tue 29 Nov 16 @ 5:25 am
After I disabled the windows update service it appears to have started again on a reboot, but if it's set to not check for updates in the control panel gui then this seems adequate.
It's simple in win 7 ..just check for updates manually when your ready.
This was all that was needed to video mix well on this laptop!

I can't remember what happened with win 10, but it's written in this forum.

Mensajes Tue 29 Nov 16 @ 5:04 pm
Lol, wait for windows 7 to get stuck. After the July 16 update they have not been updating just searching for an update constantly, there are fixes but I tried them and it hasn't sorted mine out.

PS,

For what it costs to keep that laptop in the car a backup it's more that worth it.

Mensajes Tue 29 Nov 16 @ 11:11 pm
Win 7 does seem to be messed up. I had problems with net framework 3.5.1 which repeatedly failed to update.
All I do with my laptop is go to very reputable websites so doubt I need all the latest updates. A good firewall may be all that is required.

I had a bit of video freezing / choppy stuff again.. while playing video on two decks, and downloading / searching for CU video content (testing). If I upgrade the cpu to a T9500 it may solve this problem, vdj 8.2 alone max's out the current cpu. However there is no need to multitask!

I think that the June/July roll up updates stopped the windows updater working properly, and was a major reason for my being given the laptop. I may have got around this problem.

Mensajes Wed 30 Nov 16 @ 3:40 am
Just upgrade to a newer machine already, lmmfao!!

You can't take that money with you when die so just spend it already ;-p

Mensajes Wed 30 Nov 16 @ 3:52 am
I was going to buy a new one in the recents sales but was disgusted with what was on offer.
The screens on almost all the laptops were very fragile.
It seemed to me the sellers put their prices up for the sales. However there were lots of low spec laptops pretending to be bargins!
Oh..and when I found a bargin the store was sold out.
Also I'm annoyed over how difficult it is to figure out how good a laptop is..there are so many different cpu types.
The shysters have been busy.

Its old for me..thank you very much!

Signed: Grumpy.

Mensajes Wed 30 Nov 16 @ 4:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)