Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Hercules RMX 2 effects parameter knob

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I use VDJ 8 with a Hercules RMX 2. I've been seeing this odd issue with the effects parameter. When I enable an effect and then use the knob to modify the percentage of effect it is not smooth, it will often jump all the way to 100% immediately which of course ruins the feel. It happens on all effects and on both sides of the controller (so it does not appear to be a problem with the physical knobs, unless both are going bad in the same way). I've tried playing with the mapping but nothing seems to have an effect.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Mensajes Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 9:09 pm
Do you have the Hercules drivers/control panel installed and up to date? Not sure but without the proper drivers the unit could be sending in 7bit midi which would only give you 128 steps around an encoder, but that should still be plenty of resolution on an FX param knob. Do you notice any glitchy/jumpy behavior when manipulating the jog wheels(would be particularly evident while scratching)?

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 7:16 am
Thanks for responding.

I do have the most recent drivers installed. Just updated them 2 weeks ago. And also the most recent version of VDJ.

The only thing I've noticed the erratic movement on is the effects parameter which made me think it was something in the MIDI mapping but I could not find anything in the programming that seemed to effect the rate of change in that control.

I don't scratch but I have not noticed any issues when using the jog wheels to rewind or fast forward so it does not feel like the whole controller is doing this, just these 2 knobs.

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 1:35 pm
I have just tested here with an RMX2 and I can't reproduce the issue...
The encoders work as they should and they change the level of the effect smoothly...

I would suggest to completely remove the drivers of RMX2, reboot and reinstall.
If the issue remains then you should contact Hercules. Perhaps the encoders have started wearing out...

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 6:18 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)