Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Addons

Tema: Camera

Mensajes Sun 25 Nov 18 @ 10:01 pm
defmdPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Is it possible to rotate the camera e.g. 90 degrees rotation for a portrait cam?

Mensajes Mon 25 May 20 @ 10:37 pm
Hello,

I want to use Unity Virtual Cameras or OBS Virtual Camera but neither of them has been displayed on screen, but they appear in other softwares like Zoom, Discord and many more. Any ideas in the support of those cameras? Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 11 Aug 21 @ 5:33 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I too am having the same problem, i need to flip the camera as every webcam I can find mounts from the underneath & my camera is installed in the ceiling upside down to view a stage area.
Every other program can flip the camera horizontally & vertically but not this plugin, I have also tried to do this by using OBS Studio to flip the image and then output it to a virtual camera, but for some reason, the Camera plugin will allow me to select the 'OBS Virtual Camera' when there is no other webcam present, but as soon as I plug in a camera for OBS to flip, the OBS Virtual Camera is no longer available in the VDJ Camera plugin and i can only select the actual webcam connected.
Every other program (including the Telly Media plugin for Virtual DJ) can see the 'OBS Virtual Camera' it is just the VDJ Camera plugin that won't work with it.
Please can anyone help.

Ideally I just need the image to be able to flip horizontally and/or vertically, then I wouldn't need OBS to work with it anyway, however if the image can't be flipped (or rotated 90, 180 & 270 degrees), if it can be fixed to work with OBS instead that is a work around that would solve my problem.

Thanks anyway

Mensajes Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 11:26 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 11:35 am
My cam (and everyone I have ever seen) has fixings underneath the camera, not on top, sure I can strap the camera to the ceiling but then will have absolutely no way to position or angle it where I want it.
There are also gooseneck mounts but damned if I can see one that can be screwed to the ceiling.
So my options are search high and low for a new webcam designed for ceiling mount or fiddle & hack away with a semi suitable gooseneck stand to get it to fix to the ceiling and stick the cam on that, fingers crossed that over long periods of time in a busy, hot & noisy club the camera won't move at all, both options requiring scaffold, drill & other assortment.
Or Virtual DJ could just do what every other piece of software known to man does, flip or rotate the camera, or fix the bug where it won't work with virtual cameras like OBS.
I really didn't think this would be such an hard thing to ask for, but you are right this is just being ignored, so maybe my actual option is just to use other software for my video when working with acts, which is a shame cause Virtual DJ is amazing, but unfortunately just not quite good enough in this regard.

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 4:40 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Webcam-Stand-Mount-C925e/dp/B07GXJ3KV5

you'd have to get the drill out anyway unless you were planning on using sky hooks, I wouldn't go for anything with clamping as nothing I've seen has lock nuts, so could(would) fail with prolonged vibration, honestly even expecting the cheap plastic hinging on a consumer webcam to stay put is a bit of a high hope.

It needs a serious rigid install.

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 4:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A software option for this might be possible in one of the next updates

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 4:57 pm
Locodog, thanks a lot that mount looks like it will do the job great, before I put the camera up last year I couldn't find anything like that, we originally needed the camera cause of Covid measures requiring screens all over the venue especially protecting the performers, but obviously they were blocking the stage view depending where were, since tthe screens have come down we decided to keep the camera up but I wanted to go from live music video to stage performance seamlessly.
Since my camera is already mounted in the ceiling this is obviously extra work & cost I was hoping to avoid with a software fix, but appreciate the guys have other things they need to work on more important, so will bite the bullet and give that a go.
Hopefully they will be able to get round to fixing the camera at some point cause I cannot be the only one who would need to ceiling mount a camera cause where else can you put a camera out of reach in a club lol, and it's a shame that Virtual DJ is not able to comply right now ?

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 6:33 pm
Adion wrote :
A software option for this might be possible in one of the next updates

Obviously that would be amazing if you can at some point cause a webcam flush to the ceiling is much more discrete and less likely to encourage tampering so would be much appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 6:35 pm
Is there a way to access the settings dialog for any given camera in Virtual DJ (to adjust the brightness, gamma, exposure etc).
I have looked but can't see a way to do it. If there isn't a way to do it, could it be added at some point.
Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 12:46 pm
djkrysr wrote :
Is there a way to access the settings dialogue for any given camera in Virtual DJ (to adjust the brightness, gamma, exposure etc).
I have looked, but can't see a way to do it. If there isn't a way to do it, could it be added at some point.
Thanks.

I know if you use a Logitech webcam it comes with their own software to adjust various exposure settings, VDJ will use those settings. https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049055854

Mensajes Sun 12 Sep 21 @ 4:11 pm
I am not using a Logitech Webcam, I have 2 camera, neither of them have dedicated software as they are plug & play for Windows 10 out of the box. There is a standard windows dialog for camera adjustment but for some reason you cannot access it directly from any windows settings, most apps (including skype) call that dialog when you are connected to the camera & was hoping Virtual DJ could employ the same technique.

If anyone is interested I did come across a program called 'Webcam Settings Tool' that will call the dialog for you https://ekiwi-blog.de/downloads/webcam-settings-tool-for-windows-10/ however there can be a problem if Virtual DJ is using the camera at the time, I have got it to work most of the time though.

Mensajes Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 11:37 am