Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Feature request Database Autobackup

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Zeeebra3PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Hi, Would it be possible to create an automatic backup of the database for each external drive that has been used (maybe in user documents on the C: drive) so that should VDJ discover a corrupted database on the external drive it will quickly use the backup instead without us having to find it or spend time "fixing" the database.
I know WE users should regularly back-up the db, but it would be great if VDJ did it for us so we don't have the worry of "Your database is corrupted" 5 minutes before a gig!
Apologies if there already is a facility to do this. Many thanks. GREAT software and thanks for adding in the slideshow feature I asked for before! You guys rock!

Mensajes Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 11:45 am
Bottom left of the browser, dot/bullet menu;

Mensajes Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 1:44 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think he's requesting automatic.
If I'm honest, I'm not a great fan of "built in automatic" I feel it starts adding to 'bloat'

But each to their own.

Mensajes Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 3:35 pm
Automatic would have to be on Dropbox or Google drive. No point backing up to the hard drive that could fail.

Mensajes Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 4:02 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Good point, even so with numerous options for cloud backups and having to work with no guarantees that a 3rd party api will stay consistent, I'd say the best practice is doing your own house keeping.

Mensajes Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 6:10 pm
I have done for years, bot others always say "I will run a backup" never do and then moan like hell when it all goes tits up.

Mensajes Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 7:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)