Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: SoundCloud with VirtualDJ - Page: 3
Adion wrote :
There is no limit on the number of tracks.
Could you try to find a couple of tracks that you liked, but that do not show up in VirtualDJ?
It appears that labels/artists have to approve their tracks for use with Go+ in other apps, and this was still an ongoing process a while back, which may exclude some tracks from showing up at this time.

Ok. I see I now have 900 tracks in the liked folder. However, when I asked the question about limitation of number of tracks to VDJ tech support this is what I got:

"Hello,

VDJ has a listing limit for online playlists and searches at about 200 results so this is why you will not see 1k of listing for playlists. Perhaps you might consider a smaller catalog system for sound cloud while keeping this in mind."

Can you imagine having to UNlike 800 tracks? How do you even do that?

I checked the files in the liked folder: they're about 256 KBPS. When I asked someone else how they sounded, the person said they sounded similar to cassette quality. The highs and lows are definitely lacking.

Mensajes Mon 20 May 19 @ 1:26 pm
Songs from playlist are skipped in automix. They have a purple dot in the music note on the left of the song.

Mensajes Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:55 pm
You only need to post once. You've already posted about this and got a response.

Mensajes Mon 20 May 19 @ 8:29 pm
Hi I’ve tried to link up soundcloud to my virtual dj 2020 it keeps saying follow browser instructions nothing comes up on browser is there a setting to enable it anywhere in virtual dj I went on my soundcloud it says virtual dj enabled but isn’t working thanks in advance for the help 🎶🎤👍

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 6:06 pm
My issue is that soundcloud does not show up at all in the online folder? can somebody please help me figure out how to get it added.

I tried to add it in the options menu, but still not working

Mensajes Sun 27 Sep 20 @ 9:45 pm
mr.munkee wrote :
My issue is that soundcloud does not show up at all in the online folder? can somebody please help me figure out how to get it added.

I tried to add it in the options menu, but still not working

Make sure your VirtualDJ software is up to date (Always..)
And if it is, right-click the "Online Music" folder, and choose "Show: Soundcloud" ..

Mensajes Mon 28 Sep 20 @ 7:04 am
What's the latest on the Soundcloud integration with VDJ? I tried it over a year ago and was UNimpressed (see above).

Are the tracks still lo-fi?
Is there a limit on tracks that can be played?
Anything new? upgrades?

Thanks.

Mensajes Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 11:37 pm
zzzonedotnet wrote :
What's the latest on the Soundcloud integration with VDJ? I tried it over a year ago and was UNimpressed (see above).

Anything new? upgrades?

Thanks.

Try it again yourself, I had a SoundCloud Go+ for a month just to see what could be done and the sound quality was fantastic to my ears, I didn't have any limits on my choice of tracks either

Mensajes Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 11:50 pm
What I didn't realise until today was that SoundCloud Go+ actually integrates licensed music from major labels, not just user uploaded content.

Whether the front end is as user friendy as Spotify though, I'm not so sure.

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 1:18 pm
zzzonedotnet wrote :

Anything new? upgrades?

Thanks.

No limits, high-quality audio, includes lots of labels official releases, can be used offline (new) etc.
30 days free trial ;-) give it a test

SoundCloud GO+ (online only, $9)
SoundCloud DJ (online and offline, $19)
https://www.virtualdj.com/products/contentcatalogs.html#soundcloud

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 2:49 pm
Well I signed up for a trial. The search in VDJ is awful!

For example, a search for Diana Ross (whose library is on the service) with just Artist enabled in search options, returns piles of junk mainly with 'diana ross' in the Title field.

Out of all the junk results, just four tracks are actually by Diana Ross, and they're all remixes from other people's pages.

Marvin Gaye faired slightly better, but still too many garbage results.

The SoundCloud site allows you to select Go+ results only. Can this not be an option in VDJ?

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 2:52 pm
Might be possible to add that option..

SoundCloud is perhaps not the provider for main stream and oldies content as much though.
It has tons and tons of house, dance, edm, bootlegs and remixes.

But perhaps not the strongest on backcatalog mainstream stuff.

Each content provider have their pro & cons. Beatport would perhaps also be one more for house/dance djs
While BeatSource claims to be the mainstream djs choice, as well as iDJPool having quite a bit.
(and obviously Tidal and Deezer has tons of top 40 stuff)

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 2:56 pm
As I said in my earlier comment, all the mainstream back catalogue content is on SoundCloud, for Go+ and above.

In that respect, it's now similar to Spotify, Deezer etc. for content - but it needs a nicer UX. The front end is very limited compared to the most popular consumer sites.

Navigation is the word I was looking for.

Mensajes Fri 30 Oct 20 @ 3:09 pm
I don't understand why we need a Go+ account to play Soundcloud tracks from their API with VirtualDJ but it still wont let us play the tracks marked with Go+? Seems counter intuitive and a bit.... scammy. Sorry.

Unless I am missing something??

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 22 @ 1:25 am