Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: PC to Mac transfer

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I recently got a MacBook Pro. I was using PC before. All my music is stored on a Lacie Ext hard drive. When I plug in my hard drive to the new Mac, all the music is there but there are no cue points and a lot of songs need to be reanalyzed for bpm, length, etc. How can I transfer the cue points over as well. I searched in the tech topic and saw the VDJ link and it didn't make sense to me.

Mensajes Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 3:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You were using the same Ext Hard Drive on your PC, or did you just copy your music from PC to the external ?

Mensajes Mon 25 Mar 19 @ 12:30 pm
Music has always been on Ext Hard Drive. When I plug in ext hard drive into Mac. All music is there but no cue points. If I plug in the ext hard drive to my old PC all music and cue points are there

Mensajes Mon 25 Mar 19 @ 4:26 pm
Is this external hard drive ntfs? Can your Mac read NTFS drives?

Mensajes Mon 25 Mar 19 @ 4:54 pm
Unless you're using a very old MAC OS X version, all MACs can read NTFS drives these days. They cannot WRITE NTFS drives (and you need to install a special application to allow writing on NTFS drives)

The first thing I would check is ACCESS RIGHTS on "VirtualDJ" folder in the root of the external drive.

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 9:10 am
I've been using this plugin for my Macs and external NTFS drives since 2010 with not a single problem;

Paragon

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 12:45 pm
So are cue points stored on the mp3 file or on the VDJ database.

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 4:32 pm
VDJ Database. Always.

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 4:45 pm
any idea on how to transfer that from PC to Mac so all cue points transfer over as well. The music is there just no cue points

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 5:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, your external Hard Drive has a /VirtualDJ folder in the root, and in there a database.xml file ?

If you plug your HD to your PC, open VirtualDJ, and navigate from the Folders list of Browser to Local Music->Hard Drives->Your_extHD and load a track from there , you see Cue points, but when you do that on your Mac, the same track has no cues ?

What is the getCuesFromTags setting set to ? It should not be to "always"

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 19 @ 6:21 pm
Correct no cue points on the Mac but cue points on the PC

Get cue is set to to always on both the Mac & PC

Should it be on new files? So then will I have to re-annalyze all the files on the Mac once that is switched over?

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 11:15 pm
djdad wrote :
It should not be to "always"

try no

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 11:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)