Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Ask The DJ App - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I love the idea of the Ask the DJ feature however I think it will be better as an app as well as a website that way we can have it displayed at a kiosk. I dj a lot of middle and elementary school dances and not all the kids have their own cell phone. Just a thought. Thank you for your time.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 19 @ 9:03 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is this a kiosk you own or manage? Browser based web kiosks are low cost and easy to do yourself. You can lock it to just the AskTheDj web page.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 19 @ 10:10 pm
blckjck wrote :
Is this a kiosk you own or manage? Browser based web kiosks are low cost and easy to do yourself. You can lock it to just the AskTheDj web page.

That is what I want to do. I want to be able to lock it on to that page. I'll have to do some research and figure out how to do it. Thank you

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 2:16 pm
Why is no cell phone an issue? Why do they even need a kiosk?

Whatever happened to the concept of coming up in person and asking the DJ? :-)

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 6:43 pm
groovindj wrote :

When you have 100 kids standing in line to ask for a request how do you expect to actually dj?

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 6:59 pm
Can they not write their request down?

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 7:49 pm
groovindj wrote :

Yes. That is what I have them do now. I just like the this option better because their request gets sent straight to my laptop.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 7:56 pm
I just find it humourous that people in the same room need phones or a kiosk to communicate with each other :-)

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 8:00 pm
groovindj wrote :
I just find it humourous that people in the same room need phones or a kiosk to communicate with each other :-)

I get that. But some of the schools I DJ at they want me up on the stage and the kids are not allowed there. This will keep me from having to step away from my computer.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 8:03 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
How big problem can this be ?
Buy a cheap mediapad and a podium for it, load your @skthedj name and there you go..

Mensajes Wed 01 May 19 @ 1:02 pm
freppa wrote :
How big problem can this be ?
Buy a cheap mediapad and a podium for it, load your @skthedj name and there you go..

I agree tablets are cheap. The hardware is t the only step. You need to lock up the browser and interface so it only stays in the browser and only opens that page.

The steps are easy. But, they need to be done.

Mensajes Wed 01 May 19 @ 9:06 pm
DJRonnieM wrote :
groovindj wrote :

When you have 100 kids standing in line to ask for a request how do you expect to actually dj?

Honestly at that age they could care less if your mixing and really they just want to hear the song they asked for......

I personally think your trying to do to much here with a kiosk but that’s just my opinion .

Sure it sucks because not everything they ask for can be mixed back to back but that’s how

Mensajes Thu 02 May 19 @ 12:40 am
DJRonnieM wrote :
groovindj wrote :

I get that. But some of the schools I DJ at they want me up on the stage and the kids are not allowed there. This will keep me from having to step away from my computer.

And this is why you save the playlist from past events so you should already know most of what they’ll ask for.

This is what I do.....

Mensajes Thu 02 May 19 @ 12:42 am
groovindj wrote :

Sure, if you don't give a crap about the environment. Save a tree for God's sake.

Mensajes Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 9:10 am
Oh yeah, I agree. Let's go the whole way and ban books, newspapers, toilet paper, printers, vacuum cleaner bags, kitchen towels, receipts, leaflets.....etc. etc. etc.

Do they not use pencils, pens and paper in schools any more?

Mensajes Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 4:46 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
chalk and slate as grandpa's time
"quote"
But some of the schools I DJ at they want me up on the stage and the kids are not allowed there. This will keep me from having to step away from my computer.
"/quote"
it seems they want "system" to be on the stage as you can step away... maybe another solution would be a cheep tablet with the vdj remote app in YOUR hands

Mensajes Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 6:21 pm
groovindj wrote :
Do they not use pencils, pens and paper in schools any more?

The usage is getting less and less interestingly enough. My daughter's text books are online, her homework and most testing is online. She even just went through a class where the teacher taught the class remotely. Aids were present in the room, and you could directly message the teacher with a question. But, the material and interaction was all via the computer. Not only has this helped cut down on the waste, it has also lowered the overall cost to schooling.

To the OP,
Using an Android tablet with apps like Tasker and such should achieve your goal. You can also go the RaspberryPi custom build route. I like the Pi route because you can use it to drive larger displays for slideshows etc.

Mensajes Thu 18 Jul 19 @ 1:34 pm
On an old iPad the feature you want is called Guided Access:
How to enable Guided Access on iPhone and iPad
Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
Tap on General.
Tap on Accessibility.
Tap on Guided Access under the Learning section.
Tap the switch to turn on Guided Access.
Tap on Passcode Settings.
Tap Set Guided Access Passcode to set a passcode.

Haven't tried it recently on the android but: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-guided-access-android-4689158

DJRonnieM wrote :
blckjck wrote :

That is what I want to do. I want to be able to lock it on to that page. I'll have to do some research and figure out how to do it. Thank you

Mensajes Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 2:07 pm
I think what your asking for a great idea. I've also notice that a lot people don't use twitter anymore. So an app would be nice. However, I think we have to realize that VDJ is a DJ software and not a marketing tool or a request service. So I have a suggestion. There are two company that VDJ should collaborate with. Vibo and/or myxr events. Both are apps that allow customers to select the sounds. Vibo is before the event and myxr events is during the event. myxr events is more of a marketing tool also because it save the customer name and email to promote too in the future. Vibo is more like a planner, so wedding DJs would love this app.
https://www.myxrevents.com/
https://vibo.io/

Mensajes Fri 30 Aug 19 @ 2:25 pm
DJRonnieM wrote :
blckjck wrote :

You can already do this. Just set the home page of the browser to your ask the DJ account and set start up to the Last page used and when you open the browser it automatically goes to ask the DJ. If your kiosk computer is linux, you can actually set it to open up your browser and all you have to do is set it in full screen mode.

Mensajes Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 6:09 pm
87%