Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Mixed in Key

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Couple of things:

1. Interesting discussion with a DJ who has replaced all his audio file artwork with an image of the key. This enables him to find/locate tracks by the right key and enable harmonic mixing.

Could there be an option to do that automatically? So a setting/VDJ Script verb that could toggle "Visual Key" on or off and would replace the artwork with the Key in the right colour.

2. Saw a live demo of a Denon Prime 4 last night. They have a "Key Sync" button. This will either change the key to the exact same as the other track or the closest compatible key for harmonic mixing.

Again a verb for this would be good, and to go one better, could we have a key_reset verb that would gradually reset the key if you wanted to bring it back to the original post mixing.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 14 May 19 @ 11:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Mensajes Tue 14 May 19 @ 12:53 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
a DJ who has replaced all his audio file artwork with an image of the key

What DJ software is he using? I'm pretty sure all the major DJ software progs are already capable of displaying the key.

Mensajes Tue 14 May 19 @ 4:37 pm
groovindj wrote :

What DJ software is he using? I'm pretty sure all the major DJ software progs are already capable of displaying the key.

Serato - but he uses the album art to visualise the key... It's a bit more obvious than trying to find it in the UI. It's a user experience thing...

Mensajes Fri 17 May 19 @ 10:39 am
Adion wrote :
VirtualDJ can just show the key directly in the browser (including if it's compatible), so no need to modify album art.
It already has an autoKey option and a button to do this manual to match the key harmonically as well:

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/keys.html
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/filelist.html

As said in my reply to Keith, it's more of a user experience/visual tool. Yes the key is visible, but even after all these years I still find my eyes wandering over the screen trying to remember where it is (probably an age thing).

Also with the "autoKey", it means you'll be able to map that button directly on the Prime 4 🤪. They are adverising that as a USP!

Maybe we need to shout about it a bit more too...

Mensajes Fri 17 May 19 @ 10:42 am
At least in VDJ a skin can be modified to make the key display on each deck much bigger/different colour/replace the cover art - whatever.

Can't do that in Serato :-)

Mensajes Sat 18 May 19 @ 3:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)