Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Key Analysis Accuracy Comparison 2019

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mensajes Sun 21 Jul 19 @ 11:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Which detection algorithm did you use in vdj?

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 1:15 am
Default.

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 8:36 am
Is there any advice available what preferences should be changed after a fresh installation?
Is there a reason why this isn't set by default?

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 9:08 am
I honestly can't remember if broad range or electronic is the default, I'd guess it's electronic.
The most common set ups is how the options are for default, but given the range of hardware and options available it's sort of up to you to tweak to your preferences, because they're your preferences. I don't know what you like.

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 9:27 am
Thanks.
I like accuracy on electronic dance music key dectection wise =)

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 10:28 am

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 10:35 am
That's why I asked, I'm totally up for empirical testing but it's got to be apples to apples.

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 10:37 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No, you should be using broad range.
'Electronic' is there only for having the same keys as in VDJ 7, but unless you only have music in minor key it's not really useful.

Mensajes Mon 22 Jul 19 @ 11:11 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I've thought about using mixedinkey before, but I don't seem to have a problem finding songs that are harmonically compatible with VDJ8. Even if a 5A isn't really a 5A, I can still find what sounds great together. I've heard musicians hear keys differently and they won't agree with each other 100% of the time. I've found a lot of songs with the same harmonic key which sounds awful together. Good blends happen when 2 tracks compliment each other. If both tracks are too busy, it won't matter what the software says about them.

I remember having this discussion with the Guitar Center and he admitted it's not going to get you amazing blends every time. The software key analysis isn't something to rely on since keys change throughout the sections/phrases of a track, like the intro and outro verses in the body of the track. Also, some tracks have clapapella or acapella intros and outros or something else. Software analyzes the meat of a track, but not the short intros and outros, but I've heard mixedinkey use to give the key per section of a track, but not anymore? I use it as a guide, but it's good to double-check different options with our own ears.

DJs aren't lazy people by any means. DJs have been mixing for decades and making killer mixes even without software. Peace out and have a good session!

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 6:49 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)